[5 PHOTOS] Haven't posted in a while!

wow for the fifth one and big wow for the third one :D

Nice set of shots. Love these 'mixed bag' threads. I'd have to say #3 is my fave.

I like the DOF and texture displayed in Photo 1.
You need to SEE what is in something as mundane as this flange (?) in the first place. And you did! Good!

Photo 3 is very impressive in so far as you managed to capture some emotions. Great! The black and white helps to focus on those emotions. No colour to distract from them!

The reflections in the very calm water in Photo 5 are what makes it.

As to the sheep in the background of Photo 4... they are a bit far right, other than that, though I also like that one. From where was it taken. Do you happen to have THIS SIGHT from your house?

Thankyou all, especially you LaFoto :)

Number 4 is a picture of some flowers on top of a barge, and then the field with the sheep in was the other side of the canal.

The one you're not certain about - I would agree it's the composition that makes it appear a little off. I'm left wondering what the subject is. If it's the sheep in the pasture, then I would agree they are too far off to one side. The flowers in the foreground are gorgeous, but lead up to an empty pasture.

I like the texture of the first shot, but would like a deeper DOF to exaggerate it.

And #3 does show a very nice moment! :thumbup: I like the B&W here.

Nice group of images, overall. :)

terri said:
The one you're not certain about - I would agree it's the composition that makes it appear a little off. I'm left wondering what the subject is. If it's the sheep in the pasture, then I would agree they are too far off to one side. The flowers in the foreground are gorgeous, but lead up to an empty pasture.

I like the texture of the first shot, but would like a deeper DOF to exaggerate it.

And #3 does show a very nice moment! :thumbup: I like the B&W here.

Nice group of images, overall. :)

Thanks Terri. By deeper, do you mean a not so shallow DOF?

nitefly said:
Thanks Terri. By deeper, do you mean a not so shallow DOF?
Yes, exactly. :)

I love the rough texture in machinery, and for me the really good images show every crack and nubby surface and flake of rust. :lol: It's just personal preference.

That said, if what you're shooting is against an undesirable background, you'll want to keep that shallow DOF to obscure that - so there are always reasons to go either way.

I also really like 3 and 5 and I agree with Corinna on #4. The sheep are too far to the right and the lighting on the flowers is a little too dark, but the overall concept of the photo is wonderful..perhaps cropping where there is a little space between the sheep and the edge of the photo and boosting the exposure on the flowers-would make for a stunning photo!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back