What's new

5-Year Old Photography - Critique Required

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 8, 2010
Messages
2,591
Reaction score
375
Location
Barnsley, Oop-Nooerth, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter would like some critique of her images. (I asked if she wanted critique, or just put them in the "showing off" sections...she said "critique". :)

She took these with her mum's Canon IXUS95iS.

This first one has a story:

"What's this picture, Ruby?"
"it's my dress...well, it was MEANT TO BE a ladybird, but he flew off!"


The Ladybird that got away by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

This second was also taken on the IXUS. Trying to teach her focus and not cropping off bits. This one has been cropped by me a little, and slight PP, but nothing major.


Peregrine by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr
 
Miss Ruby I think you did very well. In your first picture you learned a valuable lesson. Some pictures don't turn out just exactly as planned, but we try anyway. I think it's a lovely shade of red and I'm sure you look splendid in this dress. As for the second, you did a good job of caputuring the intensity of this lanner on the glove. He looks like he's ready to move any second. It's makes your picture exciting. Very nicely done Ruby. I look forward to seeing more of your pictures. :)
 
Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
 
#2 is wonderful. I have never seen anything like this so close. :thumbup:
 
Are we a kiddy photo site now?



I've seen no minimal age requirements listed, so therefore it can be assumed that any age is welcome. You may not have intended it as so, but that comment was rude. The age of the photographer was kindly mentioned in the title. If you take exception to children with cameras then there are plenty of other adults on here who await your opinion of their work. There was no need to bother with this one.
 
Miss Ruby I think you did very well. In your first picture you learned a valuable lesson. Some pictures don't turn out just exactly as planned, but we try anyway. I think it's a lovely shade of red and I'm sure you look splendid in this dress. As for the second, you did a good job of caputuring the intensity of this lanner on the glove. He looks like he's ready to move any second. It's makes your picture exciting. Very nicely done Ruby. I look forward to seeing more of your pictures. :)

I passed on your thoughts...thank you. She's not doing bad - I just showed her focus/recompose, so maybe the next falcon will have sharp eyes...pretty good for 5, though. :)
 
Miss Ruby I think you did very well. In your first picture you learned a valuable lesson. Some pictures don't turn out just exactly as planned, but we try anyway. I think it's a lovely shade of red and I'm sure you look splendid in this dress. As for the second, you did a good job of caputuring the intensity of this lanner on the glove. He looks like he's ready to move any second. It's makes your picture exciting. Very nicely done Ruby. I look forward to seeing more of your pictures. :)

I passed on your thoughts...thank you. She's not doing bad - I just showed her focus/recompose, so maybe the next falcon will have sharp eyes...pretty good for 5, though. :)
Don't forget to mention this too......
Why Focus-Recompose Sucks
 
Are we a kiddy photo site now?
Back under your bridge! :D

Anyway, for a 5yo these are great :) Love the colors in #1.

Not too red? :)

I am proud of her with the falcon shot...I have seen her get better, from shaky nothing much photos to photos that actually have the subject in the shot, and (for the most part) in focus with no shake. She's getting better...:)
 
Miss Ruby I think you did very well. In your first picture you learned a valuable lesson. Some pictures don't turn out just exactly as planned, but we try anyway. I think it's a lovely shade of red and I'm sure you look splendid in this dress. As for the second, you did a good job of caputuring the intensity of this lanner on the glove. He looks like he's ready to move any second. It's makes your picture exciting. Very nicely done Ruby. I look forward to seeing more of your pictures. :)

I passed on your thoughts...thank you. She's not doing bad - I just showed her focus/recompose, so maybe the next falcon will have sharp eyes...pretty good for 5, though. :)
Don't forget to mention this too......
Why Focus-Recompose Sucks

Ha ha, I will do. But for now, with her Canon IXUS 95iS, she can use that to ensure the eyes (or whatever) are in focus... not sure i can set different points on the IXUS...will check. :)
 
I think she did a pretty solid job on the bird for a 5 yo. Tell her to keep at it!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom