Exclusive Rock Goddess Photos

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter, Ruby (7) was in the studio to do some photography of her own. While she was there, I got her to pose for me. Here are the results. And yes, it is her guitar, she is starting lessons soon to be a real rock goddess! :)

30-302013 Ruby with Guitar 1 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

A slightly desaturated version:

30-302013 Ruby with Guitar 2 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

30-302013 Ruby with Guitar 3 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

30-302013 Ruby with Guitar 4 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

Just a bit of fun, but constructive critique is always welcome. :)

Cute. :)

Her face is in shadow, obviously for effect but you might consider filling her face with white light and using that main light with a colored gel for stage effect? Just a thought.

The first one is awesome. Great pose, great semi-sullen look. She's smoulderin'! I like my photos plenty dark, so this is working for me.

The outsized guitar slung low is cool. It's always been cool. Remember the giant semi-acoustics some guys used to play? Awesome.

Starting lessons? She's already posing with that thing like a rock star.
BTW, Love her hair. looks like she just got with a concert.

The first one is awesome. Great pose, great semi-sullen look. She's smoulderin'! I like my photos plenty dark, so this is working for me.

The outsized guitar slung low is cool. It's always been cool. Remember the giant semi-acoustics some guys used to play? Awesome.

Starting lessons? She's already posing with that thing like a rock star.
BTW, Love her hair. looks like she just got with a concert.

Thanks guys. She likes to pose...I think the rock chick look works well for her. She also does a folk chick pose too. :)

Her face is in shadow, obviously for effect but you might consider filling her face with white light and using that main light with a colored gel for stage effect? Just a thought.

+1. I love the processing and the light that you already have there, but something just to fill in her face (the gel idea is cool!) would make these pop.

+1. I love the processing and the light that you already have there, but something just to fill in her face (the gel idea is cool!) would make these pop.

Thank you. I agree. :)

I agree with the comments on the lighting, but strange as it may sound, the thing that really bugs me about this shot? The fact that she's not wearing shoes. This just seems to clash with the look you're trying to acheive. This little lady is definitely worth going back and re-shooting a time or two!

I agree with the comments on the lighting, but strange as it may sound, the thing that really bugs me about this shot? The fact that she's not wearing shoes. This just seems to clash with the look you're trying to acheive. This little lady is definitely worth going back and re-shooting a time or two!

Go back and shoot her again? Hmmm...

No, easy done - she's my daughter Ruby (AKA TinyTogger). I know - the socks. ha ha...hardly rock chick! But we shot these as an afterthought after she had been doing some of her own photography in the studio. :)

Thanks

Most reactions

Back