50d is HERE!

pharmakon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well... actually since I'm stuck at work this weekend it's sitting at home. :grumpy:

I got to spend a few minutes with it last night before it got too dark outside. There were 2 owls out behind the house, unfortunately 135mm wasn't enough zoom to get a nice close shot. Also ended up with the dilemma of underexposing the birds or blowing out the sky... I still have lots to learn/figure out, but for now I'll just tell myself the lighting conditions were just bad hahaha.

In other good news... a friend of mine from my hometown just built out a studio in her home. We were talking about photography and she invited me over to try out the new camera with her lights and backdrops (I was already going home to visit my parents). She even went as far as to throw a party with some friends and tell everyone to bring something nice to put on for holiday portraits to get some willing practice subjects. I wasn't really getting into this to do portraiture, but I'll take any learning experience I can get!

CONGRATS! I'm a first time dslr owner and love the 50D, so I know how excited you are right now. Go take some more pics!

Most reactions

Back