50D Lens Mount Movement Concerns

sinjans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it normal to have a tiny bit of movement at the mount of a 50D or other body? I was shooting a basketball game last night with my 70-200 2.8 IS and noticed a bit of wiggle room at the lens mount atttachment. Not much but you can move it probably 1/2 or 1 mm. a little wiggle room there. Is this normal? Its only when you try to twist the lens without pushing the release button. a little click-click-click is the best way i can explain it. I then put the 17-40 on and its the same thing. What do you think?

It rotates slightly in the mount or it wobbles side to side slightly?

Ya I think that's normal. My d90 does that with my 70-200 attached as well. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Thanks fellas. First time ive noticed it
I know how you feel. When I got my first body I played with everything and this is one of those things I noticed too. So I ran over to the local camera store and played with all of the display models and learned that they all had it to some degree or another. :)

I know how you feel. When I got my first body I played with everything and this is one of those things I noticed too. So I ran over to the local camera store and played with all of the display models and learned that they all had it to some degree or another. :)

Wish I even had a local camera store lol

You should have a Best Buy near by. They'll have 7D's, 50D's, D90's, etc. Mine does and I live in the sticks compared to most people. :)

You should have a Best Buy near by. They'll have 7D's, 50D's, D90's, etc. Mine does and I live in the sticks compared to most people. :)

Oh ya we do have a Best Buy. I don't go there often. I thought you meant like a nice camera shop with skilled people and stuff like that. South Florida sucks for kind helpful people :lol: Anyways anytime I go and hold something like a D700 it just makes me drool over it so its best I don't go lol.

^ try south eastern Montana................LOL

Most reactions

Back