50mm 1.4 or 1.8?

boomersgot3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.candacehartphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
O.k. So I dropped my 50mm 1.8 yesterday and it broke so I will update the for sale post in a few. I mostly do IN STUDIO portraits so what lense shold I get? The 50mm 1.4 or the 1.8? I don't want to spend the extra $$$ if I don't have to as I am saving for a new Camera. I don't really need the lower ap as I use 10 or 11 anyway but I can't help but think it might be nice for outside shots. But for basic studio shots does anyone know if the 1.4 is that much better then the 1.8? HELP ME DECIDE PLEASE!! Next session is Tuesday and I need to gt it ordered!

Better built better AF and better bokeh but to be honest the 1.8 and the 50 at f8-f11 will be pretty much the same. Difference may just be the build quality really......

I agree... Unless the difference of price is not an issue, the f1.8 in general performance just as well. I traded in mine for the 1.4 for the better bokeh.. that and my cousin was asking for my f1.8 (metal mount version) for years. I gave it to him as a birthday gift.

When it comes to the 50mm 1.8 vs the 50mm 1.4, Canon is like your local dope dealer. The 1.8 while having a lower quality build and lesser quality bokeh is extremely affordable with good optics at around $75.00, and just plain gets the job done. Once they have you hooked, you use the lens, discover you like it and even possibly wear out the 1.8 you are addicted and end up with the 1.4. Better build, better bokeh, quick responsive AF with that USM motor. If you are a real junkie by this time you decide to shell out $1,200.00+ for the 1.2. (I'm not that hooked........................Yet.)

Excuse me, I have to leave now. I just got a call from my local dealer, my 24-70 f2.8L is in and I have to leave to get my Canon fix.:lol:

God I'm such a junkie. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back