What's new

'55 Chrysler

apparentlysmart

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
Frostburg, MD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't have a macro-efficient lens as of yet, so this was the best I could do with what I had (stock kit).

$chrysler2.webp

Not exactly what you were expecting by the thread title, I'm sure. I went with a grainier look because I felt it fit in with the printing style on the image of the car, but I think this will be something I revisit later.

note: this newspaper is glued to my hallway floor (by the previous owner).
 
There are some interesting patterns in the texture but not enough subject to really hold my attention.
 
It was more having trouble getting the kind of focus/texture I wanted. My floor is spotted with (what I think are) interesting little bits of torn up text. The Chrysler chunk just happened to be the biggest. Some of the other pieces are in tight corners/spaces that I have zero ability to get any kind of focus on. So really it's more for that than this. I'm usually not the kind of person to photograph text (except graffiti sometimes), so this was sort of a new thing. I would try a wider shot to capture more of the area, but all of the papery bits would just become white specks at anything higher than 12 to 18 inches off the floor.

I'm chalking this up to experimentation.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom