Post how you damaged your camera or lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twice now.. canon 5d mk 4 70 200 f4 l
First time just after buying did some shots working out of boot of car. Got home picked up bag and swung to shoulder……I had not zipped up bag…
Second time.
Was shooting spitfire after hour or so stopped for a break put camera on table , caught foot in camera strap pulled camera to ground.
Both times I was very lucky, cost me to have filter removed and replaced
Yes! The unzipped camera bag. I've strewn the contents around several times now. Now when I get something out of it and am tempted to leave it open for even seconds I remind myself not to be a dumba__ again.

Missed my footing and rolled down a dyke chasing a Raptor on my first outing with a brand new Fujifilm X-T4. The camera went off to Fuji for a much needed repair. I went off to hospital for an equally needed repair..

Missed my footing and rolled down a dyke chasing a Raptor on my first outing with a brand new Fujifilm X-T4. The camera went off to Fuji for a much needed repair. I went off to hospital for an equally needed repair..
Which of you got home first?:grumpy:

Sorry, that happened to you, John. It's easy to get absorbed and get ourselves in trouble. I was just shooting an old farm by myself in the middle of Summer. No one was around but me. I was out in the sun for two hours and didn't realize I was overheated. I nearly collapsed walking back to the car. Fortunately, a woman came by to walk her dog and I asked for help. (How embarrassing!) She gave me two bottles of water which I quickly dispatched. I'm not as young anymore as I think I am.

At least I got a nice shot. That could have been my epitaph: "But He Got the Shot"

@PJM, I got home first but the camera was repaired first. From comments I have read, Fuji in the UK seem t be more on the ball than in the US when it come to repairs. They sent me some custom packaging in the post within 3 days and returned the camera repaired in about 7 days after I sent it to them. I on the other hand ended up on a cindered car park which made quite a mess of my right arm. Super glue then bandages for some time - and I still haven't photographed that Raptor.

Reactions: PJM
My Nikon 70/200 f/2.8 is currently stuck at 200mm, I can't change the zoom as it seems well and truly stuck.

The reason being (as best as I can figure things out) that, due to the way I often carry it using my Sun-Sniper sling, sweat has run down my arm and the salt has frozen the zoom ring.

Sorry, that happened to you, John. It's easy to get absorbed and get ourselves in trouble. I was just shooting an old farm by myself in the middle of Summer. No one was around but me. I was out in the sun for two hours and didn't realize I was overheated. I nearly collapsed walking back to the car. Fortunately, a woman came by to walk her dog and I asked for help. (How embarrassing!) She gave me two bottles of water which I quickly dispatched. I'm not as young anymore as I think I am.

At least I got a nice shot. That could have been my epitaph: "But He Got the Shot"

I agree wholeheartedly.

I was on my bucket-list trip to Angkor Wat and was pretty much giddy the whole time there. I got very wrapped up in all the sights and was walking and climbing all over in the 90+/90+ tropical heat/humidity. It was very easy to get overheated and dehydrated.

I posted about three years ago about loosing my 1Ds, and my 35-350 lens when it dropped to the ground.

The lens landed sideways and it blew it out of alignment and cracked an inner element.
the camera was damaged when the mirror and pentaprism went wonky as a result and no lens would mount properly or function.

So I lost that camera and lens outright. Around $2800 worth of stuff.

Well I didn't mention this one...
In a storage locker, some kind of unusual heavy downpour, I'd guess 1998? Open ditch that lead to the river, was unable to handle the flow, 22" of water, into everything.

flood-cameras-dumpster.jpg

Two press cameras, the old folding cameras, Grandfathers Kodak autograph, some lenses, I didn't try, I just said, I've had enough of this. I snapped a photo and threw it all into the dumpster.

I didn't mind the couches, stuffed chairs, beds, rag rugs and furniture. The cameras and two 4 track tape recorders... that I bothered me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back