TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot late evening....

bal-36.jpg

Subject is underexposed

Last edited:
I don't see 58 Imapala... just one car...

:D I really will stop with the bad jokes one of these days...

Lol.. wonder how many will look and try to figure out where the "walls" are?

I always underexpose, almost everything I shoot, but just a tad in most cases, some cases I do it alot, this shot it was much darker then the images shows, as the sun was headed down and it was cloudy...

Lol.. wonder how many will look and try to figure out where the "walls" are?

Hey... Underexposed WhiteWalls... are indeed... GreyWalls... right? ;) lol!

I love classic cars... seriously I do. I would have liked this shot better if the hood were down. There isn't anything pretty about the underside of a car hood. If I can't see the engine then I don't want the hood up. I like the angle, just would be better if I could see the top of the hood and not the underside.

I actually don't mind the under exposure... it feels moody and I like it....despite "grey walls".

I always underexpose, almost everything I shoot, but just a tad in most cases, some cases I do it alot, this shot it was much darker then the images shows, as the sun was headed down and it was cloudy...

Yes, you do seem to underexpose. I've seen three of your car images today, all very much underexposed and detail-free on the "interesting" parts of the cars. The thing is this: we were not there; the excitement, the beauty of a classic car must be visually SHOWN to the viewers of the photos; there's no way to convey the excitement and beauty that you yourself experienced unless your photos literally SHOW the cars--clearly. Being overwhelmed by the "scene" or by "the subject" while in its presence, and failing to expose properly, is a huge pitfall.

I love classic cars... seriously I do. I would have liked this shot better if the hood were down. There isn't anything pretty about the underside of a car hood. If I can't see the engine then I don't want the hood up. I like the angle, just would be better if I could see the top of the hood and not the underside.

I didn't like that hood up either, we were at a balloon glow that had a small car show in the grass, and that's how the 58 was sitting.

Most reactions

Back