58 years ago... 26th January

Amazing as always Mansi! You never fail to completely knock me on my butt with your pictures!

Speaking of which, doesn't that last guy's hat look like a butt?

mansi i could really look at these for hours...they're just fantastic and are a fitting tribute to the men and women of indias armed forces.
I mean....wow! :thumbsup: :D from the colours to the compositions and the beautiful light you've put together a wonderful series to add to your growing portfolio.
It's no secret I admire your work immensely...you just get better and better.

Really looking forward to whatever comes next :D

I like the first one, minus the noise (or is it mist?) and the last. The first one could use a bit more contrast as well.
You may want to send weblinks to Times of India, Indian Express, The Hindu, Outlook, India Today etc.

Jai Hind! :)

Peanuts said:
..........You caught the atmosphere of the event so well, thank you so much for sharing a piece of your history and country.

Couldn't say it any better. Thanks for sharing.

Verbal said:
Speaking of which, doesn't that last guy's hat look like a butt?
:lmao: My wife was asking the same question!

I like the third from the bottom. You can really see his feelings and I feel like I know more about him from this picture. The lighting from the sun on the side of the face and he is turning into it. Very perfect. Wonderful job!

-Fiona

thanks everyone! :D
daniel - it was the fog in the first shot... also i had to shoot something like 800 or 1600 iso hence the noise factor
thanks a lot guys :hugs:

Mansi, these are stunning! I can't believe how close you must have been to get some of them, and the feeling of pride and patriotism you can see written on their faces.

In #3, I noticed the first row are looking straight ahead, but all the others are looking to their right - what was going on there?

These are just phenomenal!!! You never cease to amaze me Mansi!!! :mrgreen:

I agree with Danalec, you should send these somewhere. I'm sure there are lots of publications that would love to see these!

Wonderful work :thumbsup:

these are all beautiful shots mansi, but then i didn't really expect anything less! i am enjoying the first four the most, especially #3!! :thumbup:

thanks guys! :D
puzzle : its when they say 'eyes right' ... usually happens at the point when the guys are marching past the president/vip ... all rows look right except the one closest to the prez
thanks for all the comments :D

hi mansi
u've got some amazing set of photos here.....it was very difficult with the parade moving so fast....but it was gr8 fun too....
my fav.s r 2,3,and the last one.......
good work....keep it up....
:)

Most reactions

Back