580EX Flash on Canon Rebel XTi

jburnies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Ya'll...

So, someone got me a 580EX speedlite and I have no idea how to use it. I've gone through the manual and can't get the flash to fire. I have the camera set on auto and I'm trying to scroll through the flash modes to get to ETTL but it only shows to be TTL. The flash doesn't fire at all...

Any suggestions for this flash rookie...

Much thanks...

Is the flash on?

Have you tried it in Manual?

flash is on and I've tried all settings on the camera...no dice bro...

I dont think it works when you have the camera in full auto mode

I've had that happen if the contacts between the flash and the camera through the hot shoe are not properly aligned. Solution is to take off the flash, and re-insert, slowly... then lock the flash base into the hot shoe.

With the flash turned on but not attached to the camera press the pilot light and see if you can get it to fire. If not maybe you might want to trade it for my 420 EX??? LOL someone out there really likes you. That's a very expensive flash.

Oh and do yourself a favor and buy a set of Sanyo Eneloop batteries for that flash. I use them with my flash and they last forever. I'm pretty sure you can find them on Amazon.

Appreciate all the tips...Gonna mess around today and see if I can figure this thing out...Kind of an overkill of a flash but certainly not going to turn it down...

And I did check, I do have batteries in it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back