5D Mark II firmware update released

Under "Precautions" where it says power failure during writing will disable the camera, does that mean the camera is done, or that will need serviced, or that you just need to restart?

Just curious.

I've thought long and hard about this firmware update, and I'm not going to apply it right now. I love the performance of my 5D2 and I don't want to run the risk, no matter how slight, that this update changes something that I won't like.

I don't care about the video feature as I never use it. So... I think I'm sitting this one out until I have a chance to digest the thoughts of others who have done the update.

sweet. My 5d MKII just came in TODAY!!! sadly i need to charge it :-(

I've thought long and hard about this firmware update, and I'm not going to apply it right now. I love the performance of my 5D2 and I don't want to run the risk, no matter how slight, that this update changes something that I won't like.

I don't care about the video feature as I never use it. So... I think I'm sitting this one out until I have a chance to digest the thoughts of others who have done the update.
Ditto. There is nothing in this upgrade that I care about. I like mine fine the way it is.

Ditto. There is nothing in this upgrade that I care about. I like mine fine the way it is.

Ditto x3

Under "Precautions" where it says power failure during writing will disable the camera, does that mean the camera is done, or that will need serviced, or that you just need to restart?
It means that, if it loses power (ie.: battery dies or you switch the power off) while it's installing the firmware, you'll brick the camera.

Most reactions

Back