What's new

6 Image Final Series

redtippmann

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
706
Reaction score
6
Location
Athens, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This past term I was given the task to make a 6 image series as a final assignment. The instructions were very free form and gave us plenty of room for creativity. I love cinema and telling stories so I did just that. As always comments and criticisms are always welcome!

1
$8693111972_a3622d5536_b.webp

2
$8693112940_62607c4512_b.webp

3
$8693112498_5a81678189_b.webp

4
$8693112774_84092c2f95_b.webp

5
$8691995251_55e9fe3937_b.webp

6
$8693112248_3731318cfa_b.webp
 
Are these all the same girl? The hair being different is throwing me off. Maybe I am just dumb, but I dont really get the story. The photos are pretty nice, other than the head being chopped off in 3. I would like the story to be more clear. So for college work, I'd give it a solid B.

What grade did you get?
 
The photos are relatively technically sound, but why are there no shots with the subjects face? Human emotion is one of the best ways to tell a story as far as photographs and cinema goes. I don't "get" a story from these images.
 
Whats with the black bars on top and bottom of all the photos?
 
I would like to see more variety in a 6 image series. Shots 1,2,3 & 4 are basically the same. This is particularly true of 1 & 2 and 3 & 4. I a. Also having a little trouble finding the story, although I get that it has something to do with girl + boy, and that's better than most of the "stories" I see.
 
Are these all the same girl?...
What grade did you get?
No 3 different girls. I agree that the "story" isn't very clear. I guess I did poorly on that part, but it was my goal to convey a feeling more than a literal story. I received a 98%. Attached is the grade sheet if you want to take a look at his rational.

Whats with the black bars on top and bottom of all the photos?
It's letterboxing to help convey the feeling of a movie.
 

Attachments

  • $Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 11.07.10 AM.webp
    $Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 11.07.10 AM.webp
    148.1 KB · Views: 126
A story with 3 different girls? I guess it doesnt matter, you got a 98!
Haha yeah I shouldn't complain ;P But my professor is a little out there so I was wondering what sane people thought;)
 
If you were trying to tell a story, I would keep to a particular setting, such as the bridge/train tracks. And like tyler suggested, you'll need to show some emotion.
 
Your instructor's comments make more sense than some of the comments in this thread, specifically with regard to the lack of faces. Some people need things simple, and spelled out for them, and call comic books graphic novels...this set is above that level.
 
I can feel the emotions even with out the facial expressions. In a way its like how different people deal with depression or a lost cause. Some reason I really like this. #1 and #6 kinda throw me off but I still liked them.
 
I agree that faces aren't always needed to convey emotion, but even so I'm still not sure hat the story is. I know it's girl meets boy but other than that I'm not sure I understand the last two images unless the last one is supposed to symbolize marriage.
 
After looking over them again and reading what the professor said, I would like to see one of these pictures with leading lines and the girl at the end of it as she's walking away. Maybe down the road, or the top of the stairs or the railroad track. Giving it that "moving on" vibe to end the story.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom