6 minute exposure

Davehimself

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
a 6minute exposure of the pacific ocean in la jolla at 10:30 at night, it came out out well so there was no pp except i had to clone out my tripod shadow
6minexposure.jpg

• Focal length: 28.0mm (35mm equivalent: 42mm)
  • Exposure time: 363.000 s
  • Aperture: f/5.6
  • ISO equiv.: 200
  • Whitebalance: Auto
  • Metering Mode: matrix
  • Exposure: Manual

Very very very nice. Great fog effect.

How dark is that area usually at 10.30?

Where is La jolla?

Very very very nice. Great fog effect.

How dark is that area usually at 10.30?

Where is La jolla?

it la jolla california just outside san diego and the sunset at about 7:45 so it was pitch black with a half moon

wowwww nice work... gives me inspiration. I love those long shutter shots. Great, great, great job.

Thanks for the exif I think I can do something like it in the next three weeks when I'll go to France for a holiday! Great shot!

This is an amazing shot. I'm surprise there isn't more grain in it.

For those that don't know. La Jolla is pronounced like, "La Hoya".

Would never have known that was a night shot. How do you work out an exposure for something like that?

what did you do for those 6 minutes? smoke a cig? hehe

What if it were a cloudy day and sun would come out from behind clouds and back again...I wonder how the long exposure would look...

Wow that looks amazing, very pretty!!

My family and I hit La Jolla beach nearly every weekend. Wonderful photo!

Would never have known that was a night shot. How do you work out an exposure for something like that?

i just bracket exposures for this one i was actually spot on but for other shots that night i would do 3 mins then 4 mins and so on until on got it

what did you do for those 6 minutes? smoke a cig? hehe

i actually just sat there and watched the ocean its quite calming, its blurred in the photo but the waves were crashing against the rocks quite violently

How did you avoid a massive amount of grain with a 6 minute exposure time and no post processing?

Most reactions

Back