What's new

60d lens line up!

tmartin2347

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
NH
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking about getting the canon 70-300 and then in the near future the lens everyone's always talking about the canon 50mm 1.4 as my two choices.
I do pretty much all photography, plus lots of hiking and traveling.

What does everyone think of that line up on the 60d?
 
Canon 70-300mm lens, there are 3 currently in the market

Canon U.S.A. : Professional Imaging Products : EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Canon U.S.A. : Professional Imaging Products : EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM
Canon U.S.A. : Professional Imaging Products : EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM

They are different in price.

What about the focal length on the wider side? I do not know about others, but the focal length I use the most are falls between 17mm to 100mm especially below 50mm. (on cropped body) So you may need something wider.
 
I would go with the 70-300 is usm don't get the 75-300 version. But for a similar price you can get the 70-200 f4L which is a sharper lens but you lose the added focal length but you can use a 1.4tc to make up for it. The 50 f1.4 is an outstanding lens!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom