60's Drive In (56K warning)

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all. I took some pictures of a local drive in theater that is still in business in my town last night. I then converted them to b/w using channel mixers and brightness/contrast levels. Was wondering what you all thought and would like to hear your comments as to what I could do differently to make them better (both color and/or b/w).
Thanks for viewing and commenting.

Drive-InWeb2.jpg

Drive-InWeb.jpg

Snapshot3cweb.jpg

Snapshot3aweb.jpg

Snapshot2cweb.jpg

Snapshot2bweb.jpg

They are really nice. Although you'll probably get some good advice on this and that, one of the things you can do is ... nothing. They are nice as they are imho.

Thanks for the compliment surrealist. I just think they are missing something, not quite sure what. Do you prefer the b/w or color version? I think my conversions are missing something.

I don't have much advice except sometimes you can get a different result by changing to one color on Hue and Saturation and then desaturating it. Also maye a little brighter but more contrast.

I've always thought drive ins becoming extinct was a real loss. There was something special about the outdoor setting and that big screen and the whole experience that most young people have no clue about.

IMO numbers 1 & 2 are a little to centered, the color version is little more forgiving of this IMO; the other are all nicely framed; I prefer #s 3 and 6 of the others

d19cd15f.jpg

I'm no expert and dont know if this is any better. I up the contrast, use hue/saturation to remove the colour(and to darken if needed) and hit the clarify tool.

Hope you dont mind the edit. Just wanted to give b&w conversion a try.

BTW, we still have a drive in here, and I really like your photos.

I appreciate the tips and comments. Jon, that is really close to what I was going for, care to share what you did exactly? And, no picksure, I have no problem with any edits to anything I post. Thanks

Most reactions

Back