66 hotdogs! And buns.

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, so I had hoped to put these in the photojournalism thread and show you guys a nice series about the hotdog eating competition on Coney Island. Unfortunately, 50.000 people decided to show up, so I had to take out the telephoto and still didn't get much more then this.

Oh well. Enjoy.
And for those who don't know yet: Joey Chestnut won, bringing the title back to the USA. He ate 66 hotdogs and buns in 12 minutes.
7.gif
4.gif

:shock:

hotdogs003.jpg

hotdogs002.jpg

hotdogs004.jpg

hotdogs008.jpg

hotdogs005.jpg

pascal

:pale:

I feel sick to the stomach now...

But cool, thanks for sharing these photos, even though you felt they only merit the Snapshots section and don't quite make it into Photojournalism (why not?).

Dang, this guy looks like he's just about had it with this competition (from your Photo 4):
hotdogs008_crop.jpg

That's what I'd feel like after only 2 hotdogs!

LaFoto, thanks for the comment. I'm not being overly modest, but for photojournalism I was thinking more along the line of a story with close-ups and all. These are more 'put your camera in the air, like you just don't care' and hope for the best...:lol: (I know, sometimes pj is just like that, but still).

And as far as hotdogs go: I couldn't even eat more than one (but these people eat them without mustard, sauerkraut and such...still that wouldn't help me much).

Nice detail you found btw! :)

pascal

I saw some show on MTV about hot dog eating contests, pretty intense stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back