6th Grade Girls Volleyball Game C&C Welcome

Personally I don't really see anything wrong with these shots. A couple look a little soft, I think the cropping is great, and having the ball sitting on the edge in Volleyball is not a problem. Your timing is getting better, just keep doing what you're doing.

@The_Traveller, as someone that has admitted never shooting volleyball, how does one "setup" where the ball and person meet?

I'll take that! :lol:

As far as the setup thing goes...not sure either. I'm getting better at tracking the ball's trajectory though off the serve, and it's helping.

It is a tough sport to shoot, I've shot volleyball from high school, Olympics and at the pro level and it just gets more difficult. The ball speed at the elite level is amazing, between 50-80 MPH, and then try and get the ball hitting the hands of the player trying to return it. I started shooting volleyball on film, and manual focus, it was a miracle I ended up with anything at times. It all came down to watching and timing and pre-focus on one player, then it was hope the ball was going that direction. Keeping both eyes open and watching where the set is coming from and then where the spike might be going. It's a challenge.

Probably have to talk the wife in a couple of years to let me trade in the T3i, for something that shoots a few more fps than 3.5. You know...to keep up with my daughters abilities!:lmao:

Most reactions

Back