abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
788-11x14-gs-seven-2421-23-j-v2.jpg

Ooohh... It's almost like a Jeep grill. :)

:thumbup:

...Can't say my Jeep has never had any vegetation stuck in it's teeth. ;)

What now: Might be just Bjorkfiend - or might (indeed) be looming down on the photographer? ;)

Anyhow: a) what a find! I can't say I've ever seen anything like this before, starting with the trees, and continued with their arrangement and all and b) I really like how the sky becomes almost black towards the top, but c) I don't understand how the clouds could become this way, what gave them this very peculiar blur?

What now: Might be just Bjorkfiend - or might (indeed) be looming down on the photographer? ;)

Probably :)

Anyhow: a) what a find! I can't say I've ever seen anything like this before, starting with the trees, and continued with their arrangement and all and b) I really like how the sky becomes almost black towards the top, but c) I don't understand how the clouds could become this way, what gave them this very peculiar blur?

I've been thinking about this for some time now and finally got some incentive to give it a shot. I've been trying to figure out a way to make a better effect out of, or exagerate, what happens to quickly moving clouds during multiple exposures. This shot is a three exposure HDR taken with a wide angle (10mm) lens. I tilted the lens forward to increase distorion as much as possible. Ok, so I process the exposures, and convert to black and white. Next I corrected the lens distortion which helped to blend the clouds a touch. After that I masked the clouds and used a gaussian blur. Not much to it.

Besides the effect of the clouds moving quickly by, the trees are dead still. The contrast between the sky and the background behind the trees (white dry lakebed with haze and deep blue sky above) was designed to play a trick on the initial viewing, making the white parts look like the objects rather than the spaces between them. Get the viewer to do a second take on it.

...Can't say my Jeep has never had any vegetation stuck in it's teeth. ;)
Yeah, keep the Jeep at the mall where it belongs. Leave the tough stuff for the Toyotas :mrgreen:

@abraxas, nice family portrait. You cut off Aunt Bess' and Uncle Ernie's hair on the sides again...

:lol:

Maybe some misunderstanding...

I can't say my Jeep has never had any vegetation stuck in it's teeth - because it has.

Ah ha, I see it now, silly me.

Should still leave that tough stuff to the Toyotas. I guess what you are saying is, you do. Just toying around in open fields with the Jeep getting the vegetation in its teeth while leaving the serious mud bogging and rock crawling to the Toyotas, :D :D :D.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back