70-200 2.8 VR

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi.

I finally got my lens today. I have a quick question. I would like to protect me investment using NC filter or UV filter. Which one shoud I use? What's the different between those?

Thanks
Marek.

After a bit of research, it seems that 'NC' is Nikon's own labeling. UV is 'Ultra Violet' and is a general label for most filter manufacturers.

I'm not sure if there is a real difference between Nikon NC filters and Nikon UV filters....but someone speculated that they are switching their UV filters to the NC nomenclature.

Alot of different theories on this but I am one of the believers...

Whats the point of putting cheap plastic/glass filter over expensive good glass.

Obviously if you going into an environment where your lens has a high risk of being damaged, by all means but otherwise....

After a bit of research, it seems that 'NC' is Nikon's own labeling. UV is 'Ultra Violet' and is a general label for most filter manufacturers.

I'm not sure if there is a real difference between Nikon NC filters and Nikon UV filters....but someone speculated that they are switching their UV filters to the NC nomenclature.

You right. I did some research and NC and UV is the same thing. Why Nikon has to be so different?:er:

Hoya SHMC Pro UV filters. Don't accept the cheaper ones. On this lens the cheapies impact the performance visually.

You right. I did some research and NC and UV is the same thing. Why Nikon has to be so different?:er:

Really? I though NC was just a clear filter without UV filtering made simply for protection.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back