What's new

84 Inch Parabolic umbrella.

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
3,570
Reaction score
295
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am all excited !

Anyone is using one? How is the light ? Soft ?

I just ordered one and i plan using it mostly to fill shadow on fashion shoots!
 
That's a massive umbrella! I've never owned one, but It would be amazing if you could stretch a big piece of translucent white cloth over it and create an enormous octobox! The light coming out of it would be ridiculously soft and beautiful. Should do the job you ask of it no problem (as-is). What are you using to flash off of it?

Mark

EDIT: I would like to add, though, that if it's the silver/black one, and not the white/black one, the shadows produced if the umbrella's light is hitting the subject could be quite strong. The reflective version, well, both versions really, are designed by their parabolic nature to shoot the light back in a more column-like fashion than a soft, wide-spread fashion. Keep this in mind and watch the shadows produced. They may be more of a hassle than getting rid of them are..
 
Last edited:
That's a massive umbrella! I've never owned one, but It would be amazing if you could stretch a big piece of translucent white cloth over it and create an enormous octobox! The light coming out of it would be ridiculously soft and beautiful. Should do the job you ask of it no problem (as-is). What are you using to flash off of it?

Mark

EDIT: I would like to add, though, that if it's the silver/black one, and not the white/black one, the shadows produced if the umbrella's light is hitting the subject could be quite strong. The reflective version, well, both versions really, are designed by their parabolic nature to shoot the light back in a more column-like fashion than a soft, wide-spread fashion. Keep this in mind and watch the shadows produced. They may be more of a hassle than getting rid of them are..

Actually, Alien Bees have white cloths for these umbrellas. They have a 51, 64 and 84 inch version.
I didnt bough the Paul B. version of the umbrella since i needed something with a long centershaft to fit my strobes but i suspect the cloth would fit the one i got
The one i bought is the Wescott 7ft. I am going to test that big thing and see what i can do with it haha
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom