What's new

85 mm 1.8

I want that lens really bad, the 85mm 1.2 even more so! I saw a few on craigslist for around $300
 
It's a great lens. Very sharp. Shoots nicely on FF. (9/10)

Here are some sample photos:


8205262538_549e722d19_z.jpg


8205265010_18de9fdb18_z.jpg


8204172783_fbe2f45a22_z.jpg


8204163159_16f8d7c22f_z.jpg
 
Which camera system? (9/10 -I have the D model. Auto focus a pinch slow so I deducted a point). I love me some 85 1.8:

$Okolo4.webp$gabby17.ws.webp$WP6.a.webp
 
helios 40-2 or bust.
 
Paid $300 for a gently used one. For the price, it's a 10, and I'm sure I could find plenty of folks willing to give me $300 for it if I was wealthy enough to part with it for the 1.2L.
 
85mm f/1.8 rating??? At least an 8, maybe an 8.5 to 9. Why? No matter the brand, it's small,light, and priced reasonably. Short enough to hand-hold at slowish speeds, and at the distances it's used at, even wide-open there's enough DOF to make a picture. In low,bad light, you can shoot "loose" with it, then crop-in later. Canon's 85/1.8 EF is very nice. Nikon's new 85/1.8 G is very nice as well. Overall, I think it's a MUST-have prime. On APS-C bodies, it's very close to a "135mm" lens. As such, it is one of the FASTEST,longer lenses most people can actually afford...f/2.8 wide-open on a $1,999 zoom lens is not "fast"....f/1.8 or f/2 is FAST.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom