979.00 for a new d7000 body.

manny212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal. May have to bite the bullet in a bit.

"Better to ask forgiveness , than Permission " , will have to keep uttering this to myself!:lol:

Do it. Whats the worse that could happen? Well castration is what I am frequently threatened with but it is usually empty threats.

That is an excellent price for a terrific camera. I have used a D700 for the last 2½ years and as far as digital goes, I really cannot fault it, it fits my needs perfectly.

If it is not from one of those scammers, it is a good price.

I would proceed only if it's a face-to-face swap.... none of this over-the-internet stuff. Gittin' scammed for $1G is pretty hard to take.

At only $979 for a D7000, something does not compute.

Caveat Emptor - BUYER BEWARE!

Run the shop name through this site: Store Ratings & Reviews - ResellerRatings.com - Find Trusted Stores

if bait and switch starts appearing in the comments then walk right away because you won't get it for that price - you'll pay more for useless accessories and for regular components of the box (and if you don't pay extra they'll either "run out of stock" or just leave you on hold until you cancel the order yourself).

If its ebay make sure to check and read their ratings history - check it out fully and make sure you're dealing with a highly rated good dealer. Also ask around in forums concerning the dealers name - good dealers with good prices will be known of - just as bad ones will.

Some research into the retailer is essential if you're moving off the big retail chains and going for something different online because the potential to be scammed is very great. Also pay be credit card for the additional protections they afford you (if you want to use debit check your policy as some debit cards are now getting more powerful protections against scams - esp online).

That is an excellent price for a terrific camera. I have used a D700 for the last 2½ years and as far as digital goes, I really cannot fault it, it fits my needs perfectly.

I think he's actually talking about a D7000, not D700.

OP, can we see a link (unless quantity is limited, of course)? This sounds very fishy. Definitely consider heeding other posters cautions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back