What's new

Oh dear! I've bought another Pentax body :)

Tartness909410 3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 6, 2025
Messages
129
Reaction score
155
Location
Devizes, Wiltshire, England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have recently come back to Pentax and bought myself a lovely kit off E-Bay, consisiting of a K20D body with a battery grip and several lenses, all in mint condition and I have loved using the K20D but it does have some limitations regarding it's ISO range and dynamic range but I knew this when I bought it. I am always scouring online for any Pentax bargains out there and I recently looked at the MPB site to see if they had any K5/K5ii/K5iis bodies. There were no K5iis, one K5 and several K5ii and three were in excellent condition, the highest price was £264 I think with a shutter count of just over 2000 and the rest were classed as good and amongst those I noticed one that had a shutter count of only 1550 and when I zoomed in on the photos, it looked mint and I could see no difference between the "excellent" £264 copy and this "good" £239 copy, so I bought it. It is indeed in what I would call excellent condition and has a lower shutter count than the more exspensive body. Anyway, it was delivered today and I tried it out with my recently purchased 18-135mm WR lens
PXL_20251101_163138550~2.webp
PXL_20251101_163125193.MP.webp
FramedIMGP6754-KingAlfredStatue-Pewsey-Wiltshire-BW-HC.webp
FramedIMGP6753-RoyalOakPub-Pewsey-Wiltshire.webp
FramedIMGP6750-AutumnLeaves-NatureReserve-Pewsey-Wiltshire.webp
FramedIMGP6748-RiverTunnel-NatureReserve-Pewsey-Wiltshire.webp
FramedIMGP6746-Leaves-NatureReserve-Pewsey-Wiltshire.webp
FramedIMGP6742-NatureReserve-Pewsey-Wiltshire.webp
FramedIMGP6741-OldMachinery-Pewsey-Wiltshire.webp
FramedIMGP6740-HeritageCentre-Architecture-Pewsey-Wiltshire.webp
FramedIMGP6739-Architecture-Pewsey-Wiltshire.webp
FramedIMGP6738-Architecture-Pewsey-Wiltshire.webp
 
I absolutely love the image quality of what comes out of a Pentax!

I am seriously thinking of going to Pentax when I am ready to upgrade from my Canon T7.

I figure I should switch before getting a bunch of expensive Canon lenses and instead invest in high quality Pentax lenses.

I am finding great buys on the Pentax K3 and K5 models. I have a few old Pentax Lenses already but would want some of the newer ones too.
 
@RScottie I've stayed with Pentax since the early 70's doubt I'll change now. Current bodies ZX-M, k1000, K3ii, K1MII and a large assortment of accumulated Pentax glass.
 
Let the neighbors talk...
 
The K5ii is my most used camera, a solid reliable workhorse

I got mine right back in 2016 for £200 :icon_biggrin:
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom