What's new

_

Bitter
I have to say "wow" again. I didn't expect these to be well recieved.
Thanks everyobody. Must mean I am on the right track.

#1, typical night street shot.

#2, halos.

#3 totally unreal appearance.

Is this more like you were expecting Bitter?

They are quite striking but I think the above is germane.
 
I like #1 except for the puddles and the one lamp that is out. The color is very pleasing and draws me in. Maybe crop a little off the left side, it is kind of dark on the left side. I would go back and photograph it again when there are no puddles...they distract me from the bollards/fixtures; and this is a great subject.


#2
I am not sure about this one. The two buildings have different styles, and your PP treatment does not work the same on both buildings. I love the brick building, but not the 55 building.

#3
I would like to see the original photo, I really like the shot. The treatment of layers, etc... is very different and almost painting like....but this is by far my favorite of the group.

Your treatment of these is worthy of - ;)


I am curious - where were you when you shot the 3rd photo? (you weren't climbing fire escapes were you...;))Do you have any other photos from that location?
 
On #1, I felt the dark left side added to the atmosphere of the image. I think if it is cropped the sidewalk will be too close to the edge. I am going back there tonight, but it's looking like rain again. I didn't mind the puddles, I felt they added another spot of color to lead the eye. We all see things differently, don't we?


#2 my focus was on the 55 building. I felt the slightly OOF brickwork again added some confusion and uneasiness to the image.

#3 was, as someone guessed earlier, a busy image, so thought removing detail would help make it more appealing. I love how "unreal" it looks. I see my photgraphy as a begining of the creative process. What I enjoyed about this set is that for nearly everyone that has viewed these, they all "felt" something. To me, that's a sign of a succesful image.


Pierre, all the recent birds eye views were taken from the 46th floor of the Terminal Tower here in Cleveland. I think it's the past three threads. I am getting an unprecidentef third visit to the tower tonight. I just hope the weather holds out.
 
Nothing to add - love them, especially #3.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom