A Bad Day

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
So there is this bicycle rally thing in my town. So I grab the camera and spend a lot of time shooting. After I while I notice that I have taken many shots, too many shots. I try to rewind the camera, no resistence. I pop open the back, yeah, I forgot to load the camera with film. :x (Here we can just insert large amount of swearing :)) Its already getting dark so I just throw in a roll and start shooting, but wait, after 24 shots the advance lever isn't stopping, and I can't rewind. So basically on the one day of the year that I really wanted to take a lot of shots my camera breaks. :( I really don't know if I'm sad or if I find this so absurd it's funny
I'll be in the darkroom crying...

:lol:

darin3200 said:
So there is this bicycle rally thing in my town. So I grab the camera and spend a lot of time shooting. After I while I notice that I have taken many shots, too many shots. I try to rewind the camera, no resistence. I pop open the back, yeah, I forgot to load the camera with film. :x (Here we can just insert large amount of swearing :)) Its already getting dark so I just throw in a roll and start shooting, but wait, after 24 shots the advance lever isn't stopping, and I can't rewind. So basically on the one day of the year that I really wanted to take a lot of shots my camera breaks. :( I really don't know if I'm sad or if I find this so absurd it's funny
I'll be in the darkroom crying...

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry for the smiles but it reminds me of the same experience I had while in Rome. I shot and shot until I realized there was no film! Arrrgh!... :grumpy:

It does happen to most of us at a time or another. Put it this way, you'll never have to experience that again. :wink:

I learned to watch the rewind knob (on older film SLRs or RF) and if it's moving while winding I know there is film inside. My other problem is knowing which film is inside! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been there, done that.

Was my visit to a theme park...

I had so many great shots...

And no film.

And everyone who I was with thought it was hilarious. No one cared how distraught I was at that.

I woke up at 3-someone kill me now!-30 in the morning to go get some shots of hot air balloons as they were setting up for the morning launch. I shot and shot and shot until I stopped to look at the counter. 38 frames? hmm... sure enough I tried one more to be sure and realized I had no film in the camera.

About a year before I thought I had learned my lesson on that after waiting for hours in the "perfect spot" to get some shots of fireworks going off. I took a ton of shots only to find out the film had not been loaded correctly. After the fireworks incident I learned to watch the film winder to make sure its moving. Now I know to watch it not only to be sure the film is loaded correctly but to be sure there is film loaded AT ALL!

Lessons are here to be learned but sometimes it really sucks... hehe

Once I finished a roll and ready to wind it, but I forgot to release the lock! So I put a bit of force without knowing and stretched the flim. The pics came out distorted.

molestedcow said:
So I put a bit of force without knowing and stretched the flim. The pics came out distorted.
Wow, ok so despite the unfortunateness... that's so cool!! Can you show us what they looked like? I've never seen a stretchy negative photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back