A Beautiful Blue Sky (Open for critiques please=))

123rfanna

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys!

I recently took a shot of some gorgeous clouds as I was walking outdoors, would like your takes on this. Who else likes taking shots of clouds and the sky, maybe I could get some pointers to improve?

$VF0010D15301e.jpg

Taken with Canon 5D Mark II Aperture: F/20 Shutter Speed: 1/200sec ISO: 100 Lens: Canon 24-70mm f/2.8

Compare this to a shot that I took with my friend's Canon EOS 7D

$VF0010D15135e.jpg

Aperture: f/18 Shutter Speed: 1/160sec ISO: 100 Lens: Canon 50mm f/1.4 Focal Lenght: 50mm

Attachments

• $VF0010D15301e2.jpg
    $VF0010D15301e2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 135
clouds are magnificent to watch and observe their changes, and I shoot them pretty often.
Whenever I'm in the plane, I shoot them gazillions times.... however... photographically speaking, they're not interesting being the only thing that's in the picture

I think clouds work best when you have something to sort of anchor the picture. A tree, a grassy field, a body of water... The focus of the picture can still be the clouds (say, the top two thirds of the image) but it seems to help if there is something else in the shot.

I love that second one (taken with the 7D). I wouldn't have thought that a 7D would have out dueled a 5D but in this case, I feel that it did.

Something about that second one is surreal to me, almost a reflection look to it. A keeper for sure.

I think clouds work best when you have something to sort of anchor the picture. A tree, a grassy field, a body of water... The focus of the picture can still be the clouds (say, the top two thirds of the image) but it seems to help if there is something else in the shot.

I agree! and as mmaria mentioned, I love shooting them when in flight too!

I love that second one (taken with the 7D). I wouldn't have thought that a 7D would have out dueled a 5D but in this case, I feel that it did.

Something about that second one is surreal to me, almost a reflection look to it. A keeper for sure.

Aww, thanks! Yes, it's true about the 7D but it took a lot of trial and error and adjusting of lenses to get it right. Thanks for the comment=)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back