What's new

A Beautiful Couple

DanOstergren36 1

"We're all mad here" ... At me?
Joined
Jun 2, 2013
Messages
5,310
Reaction score
5,210
Location
Oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A portrait I shot yesterday of Cee J and Ian. Cee J turns 30 next weekend and hired me to take some portraits of him to document the time in his life. His partner Ian was there for the shoot and when we were finished with Cee J's portraits I asked if I could get one of the two of them.

Shot using an original Canon 5D with a Canon 50mm f/1.4 attached set to f/6.3, 1/160th sec, ISO 50. Lit using a flash with an octabox attached, positioned to be fairly heavily feathered.
_MG_7342 copy.webp
 
Last edited:
Aww....:)

What an exquisite exposure. The lighting is so even, it's hard to make out a shadow.

Love that blanket.
 
I agree with Terri about the lighting is perfect. The blanket's color/pattern compliments their pant colors and the background colors without being overbearing. I am a little distracted by the tension in the feet. Maybe that adds to the story? Well done as usual!
 
I agree with Terri about the lighting is perfect. The blanket's color/pattern compliments their pant colors and the background colors without being overbearing. I am a little distracted by the tension in the feet. Maybe that adds to the story? Well done as usual!
Thank you!
You aren't the first person to point out the tension in the feet. I agree it would have been better with a more relaxed positioning.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom