A Beautiful Couple

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A portrait I shot yesterday of Cee J and Ian. Cee J turns 30 next weekend and hired me to take some portraits of him to document the time in his life. His partner Ian was there for the shoot and when we were finished with Cee J's portraits I asked if I could get one of the two of them.

Shot using an original Canon 5D with a Canon 50mm f/1.4 attached set to f/6.3, 1/160th sec, ISO 50. Lit using a flash with an octabox attached, positioned to be fairly heavily feathered.
_MG_7342 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Aww....:)

What an exquisite exposure. The lighting is so even, it's hard to make out a shadow.

Love that blanket.

I agree with Terri about the lighting is perfect. The blanket's color/pattern compliments their pant colors and the background colors without being overbearing. I am a little distracted by the tension in the feet. Maybe that adds to the story? Well done as usual!

I agree with Terri about the lighting is perfect. The blanket's color/pattern compliments their pant colors and the background colors without being overbearing. I am a little distracted by the tension in the feet. Maybe that adds to the story? Well done as usual!
Thank you!
You aren't the first person to point out the tension in the feet. I agree it would have been better with a more relaxed positioning.

Most reactions

Back