A Bee in the Lilacs

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw this bumblebee in the Lilac tree behind my new place to call home. I wanted to share it with all of you so luckily I had the camera near-by:

253932_10150201825379821_508854820_7322247_6945864_n.jpg

Did you use the on camera flash for this shot? lighting seems harsh. nice capture tho!

Yeah...it does look flat after-all...shoot...well...I'll try again later...

I should purchase some flash sometime here...having shadows at an angle would be better I am sure...instead of straight behind...

Better purchase some flash sometime here...

Same here brother, i have this problem all the time. You could try a DIY softbox or flash bounce. that would probably help in the meantime.

I have a homemade reflector...banker's box lid with aluminum foil wrapped around it...wouldn't have helped much as the bee was on the wrong side of the flower if I wanted to bounce light back on to it from where the sun was

Try putting a thin piece of tissue or translucent plastic over the flash. Nice shot!

Thank you tirediron, I actually have a homemade flash diffuser my buddy made for me out of tissue paper and some cardboard...I should use it more often I suppose...

Last edited:
I need to find an apple tree with a bee next. My buddy's last name is Applebee so I think he would enjoy that type of photo best. I've been having a lot of fun with this camera so far. Looking forward to another 40,000+ photos with it...

Most reactions

Back