The technique is...
First get a large mirror and an interesting glass/tumbler/vase.Get some blue tac and a led torch/mag light.
Then use the blue tac to stick the glass to the mirror at an angle(try to use as little blue tac as possable as you will be cloning it out later.)Set yor cam on a tripod,compose your shot and set the torch on facing the subject.(Raise the torch if need be with...I used an AA battery).
Next you need to set your apeture to f.22 and ISO to 100.You will need a cable release as this is a long exposure but If you use an SLR theres bound to be a timer on it which works just as well.Once you are ready turn out the lights and realise the shutter.This exposure will probably be around 25 - 30 seconds so stand back and dont touch the tripod/camera.
I would advise waiting untill night to try this as I did it at 3 in the afternoon.I blacked out my livingroom windows with black plastic bags and Im sure the neighbours thought I was cleaning up a murder scene.
LOL
Hope this helps...