A bit of darkness...

Shubin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
allen3231.fotopic.net

Is it too dark & moody? Is the cropping/positioning attractive? Any comments or help would be appreciated. No fair being nice either!

Also: I have noticed that many of the pictures posted to this forum are smaller then the size I have posted.

Have I commited a faux pas here? Is this ok? :?:

Thanks in advance!

I don't think it's too dark or moody. I'd say I like it, but I'm not supposed to be nice! :D

There is no prescribed size for photos that I know, only thing to think about it whether the whole thing can be viewed on the screen at once, because it's easier to evaluate a pic as a whole, if you can actually see it as a whole. Your photo is just a tad too wide for my screen.

Edit to add, and of course when the photo is that wide, it stretches the whole thread to that wide, which makes it difficult to read.

i like it, i love dark and moody with lots of shadows :D

i have to scroll side-ways to look at the whole photograph .... i usually go no more than 600 px wide .... because of the screen size and loading time :)

With my speeding train pic in the 'Trial' posting forum, and these two here, you'd think I had some train fetish.

Actually, I might, come to think of it. I just wasn't aware of it until I got a camera. I promise that if you look at my gallery there are NO more!
OK... there's only ONE more, but that's it. The rest are just quality, amatur, non-train-themed pictures. Honest.

Once again, your comments are appreciated, and if apologies from me are in order for the file size, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Like both photos. I think in #1 you capture a mood greatly. I still debating weither or not if you crop alittle bit off the bottom if that would help or not.

As far as the size of the pictures, I would post a smaller one with a link to the full size image. That is usually what I do, about 400 px wide or so..

I really like both photos.
As far as cropping the top one, I quick-cropped (with a couple of sheets of paper held to the monitor) to just below where the shadows start to become banded at the bottom, and to the 1st pole sticking up on the right, and I thought it was very striking.

Thank you all for your comments, much appreciated. Geronimo & drlynn, I'll try some different crops on the original, but in a few weeks with a fresh mind about it.

As well, next time I may post something smaller then 800 x 600 or just post a link, if that's ok.

shubin, you trainspotter! :) just kidding.

Good stuff, i really like both pics, the b&w is my fave. Would agree with the others and crop a little off the bottom from the b&w one.

If you use photoshop, try creating a new layer with the b&w one and apply the diffuse glow filter and tweak it a bit... it think it would have some effects on that photo.

Cheers and look forward to more posts!

Most reactions

Back