A bugs eye view of NC sky

Very nice!
My first impression was wonderful, I love how the long stem draws the eye up and really exaggerates the perspective.
Then the junior c&cer in me went hmmmm the out of focus one... Does it help or hurt? What I came up with was it works with or without it, it doesn't immediately draw my eye or hold it, it's just another nice detail to find as my eye travels around.
Well done :)

I like it :) As was already mentioned, the flowers do a great job of leading the eyes, and while I do search a bit for a subject, I always eventually end up at the clouds.

What aperture was this shot at? I'd almost recommend reshooting to keep all the flowers in focus with a nice big f-stop, but perhaps the ones that are OOF were that way because of your lenses minimum focus requirements?

I like it :) As was already mentioned, the flowers do a great job of leading the eyes, and while I do search a bit for a subject, I always eventually end up at the clouds.

What aperture was this shot at? I'd almost recommend reshooting to keep all the flowers in focus with a nice big f-stop, but perhaps the ones that are OOF were that way because of your lenses minimum focus requirements?
Nikon 18-55 @ 18mm iso 400 f/11 1/2000 with the principle point of focus the farthest bloom. This lens at f/16 starts to diffract so I usually limit it to f/8-f/11. It is usable at 2 stops.......lol.....I need a better lens.

I'm honestly on the fence with this one. My eyes are drawn to the top 1/2 of the picture, while just skipping over the bottom 1/3, especially the right hand corner.

I like the concept, but the large stem curving to the left in the foreground kind of ruins it for me. I think it would be a stronger image if that weren't there.

I like the idea, but I think I'd like the result more if the stems and the petals of the flowers were better lit. As it is, the stems and the heads of the flowers are badly underexposed and the sky is properly exposed. Also, I would prefer more color saturation.

I like the idea, but I think I'd like the result more if the stems and the petals of the flowers were better lit. As it is, the stems and the heads of the flowers are badly underexposed and the sky is properly exposed. Also, I would prefer more color saturation.

+1

I'd have shot a remote fill flash upward to bring the exposure up on the flowers

Most reactions

Back