A bunch of Dallas night shots

RyanMTaylor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't go into the heart of Dallas so I didn't get any huge city shots but here are a few that I was able to take on my off time. I was in the city on business so I didn't have a great deal of time to myself.

This one is my favorite. 2am and a little tipsy(walking around after a few bars with a friend). Looks like some kind of faux Stonehenge to me.
1) Tv:20s, Av:5.6, ISO:200, Focal Length:50mm, WB:4k Exposure Compensation(post): +1
IMG_2215.jpg

2)Tv:10s, Av:8, ISO:100, Focal Length:18mm, WB:4k Exposure Compensation(post): none
IMG_2146.jpg

3)Tv:10s, Av:8, ISO:100, Focal Length:18mm, WB:4k Exposure Compensation(post): none
IMG_2144.jpg

4)Tv:5s, Av:10, ISO:100, Focal Length:55mm, WB:3200k Exposure Compensation(post): none
IMG_2162.jpg

5) OOF for sure. I'm gonna start bringing my flashlight so I can see my focus more clearly. Any other ideas on how to focus at night when it's hard to see?
Tv:13s, Av:5, ISO:100, Focal Length:41mm, WB:4000k Exposure Compensation(post): +.9
IMG_2189.jpg

6) some more experiments with a halogen flashlight.
Tv:25s, Av:7.1, ISO:100, Focal Length:18mm, WB:4000k Exposure Compensation(post): +.9
IMG_2224.jpg

lemme know what you guys like or hate or think in general. : )

Last edited:
Home sweet home. You should get to West End Market Place for some good urban shots if you go back.

Duely noted. I think I may end up going back within the next month or so. Have to check that out. : )

Thanks! Anyone have any pointers on how I could improve with them next time? Composition is where I struggle most of the time.

I would recommend a good flash (off camera if you can) And experiment with your manual settings.

I'm getting a speedlite next week. Definitely plan to test that out. Also all of these shots were taken in Manual. Would you recommend any particular "tests" or experiments to get familiarized quickly?

I guess I'm not too familiar with when to use high ISOs. I just try to keep it low when I can to reduce the noise. I'll have to dig a bit deeper.

Most reactions

Back