I need help! My pictures are not coming the way they would anymore!

MKamran

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please suggest what i need to learn? where to learn? why are my pictures like this???

NOW i tried to add images here but i was told the size is too big... please tell me what i should do to post the pictures here....

IMG_4425
File Name IMG_4425.JPG
File Size 5.1MB
Camera Model Canon EOS 70D
Firmware Firmware Version 1.1.1
Shooting Date/Time 01/10/15 10:35:11
Owner's Name
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/40
Av(Aperture Value) 6.3
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 1000
Auto ISO Speed OFF
Lens EF85mm f/1.8 USM
Focal Length 85.0mm
Image Size 5472x3648
Aspect ratio 3:2
Image Quality Fine
Flash On
Flash Type Built-In Flash : E-TTL flash metering
E-TTL II flash metering Evaluative flash metering
Flash Exposure Compensation 0
Red-eye Reduction On
Shutter curtain sync First-curtain synchronization
FE lock OFF
White Balance Mode Auto
AF Mode One-Shot AF
AF area select mode FlexiZone - Multi
Continuous AF Enable
Picture Style Auto
Sharpness 3
Contrast 0
Saturation 0
Color tone 0
Color Space sRGB
Long exposure noise reduction Auto
High ISO speed noise reduction Standard
Highlight tone priority Disable
Auto Lighting Optimizer Disable
Peripheral illumination correction Enable(Correction data not available)
Chromatic aberration correction Enable(Correction data not available)
Dust Delete Data No
Drive Mode Low-speed continuous shooting
Live View Shooting ON

File Name IMG_4420.JPG
File Size 6.4MB
Camera Model Canon EOS 70D
Firmware Firmware Version 1.1.1
Shooting Date/Time 01/10/15 10:33:13
Owner's Name
Shooting Mode Shutter-Priority AE
Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/10
Av(Aperture Value) 5.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 1000
Auto ISO Speed OFF
Lens EF85mm f/1.8 USM
Focal Length 85.0mm
Image Size 5472x3648
Aspect ratio 3:2
Image Quality Fine
Flash On
Flash Type Built-In Flash : E-TTL flash metering
E-TTL II flash metering Evaluative flash metering
Flash Exposure Compensation 0
Red-eye Reduction On
Shutter curtain sync First-curtain synchronization
FE lock OFF
White Balance Mode Auto
AF Mode One-Shot AF
AF area select mode FlexiZone - Multi
Continuous AF Enable
Picture Style Auto
Sharpness 3
Contrast 0
Saturation 0
Color tone 0
Color Space sRGB
Long exposure noise reduction Auto
High ISO speed noise reduction Standard
Highlight tone priority Disable
Auto Lighting Optimizer Standard
Peripheral illumination correction Enable(Correction data not available)
Chromatic aberration correction Enable(Correction data not available)
Dust Delete Data No
Drive Mode Low-speed continuous shooting
Live View Shooting ON

You don't need to resize the photo. You need to resize the file so it is smaller than 2 Mb.

Plus, if you want tips on how to improve your photos you would post the photos in one of the forums in the section of TPF for that - per the Photography Beginners Forum description.
Photo Galleries

Beginners forum - Moderator Notice | Photography Forum

Last edited:
Even without seeing the pictures, I'll take a wild guess that your shutter speed is too slow as the first one is 1/40th and the second 1/10th.

At 1/10th, unless the camera is on a tripod (or otherwise 'fixed'), there will be camera-motion caused blur, unless you are young and have very steady hands. Everyone likes to think they're steady, but try watching almost anyones' videos shot with a cellphone or handheld camera and you'll quickly see that 'steady' is not part of the video-making process for those videos. Even the slightest of motion, maybe even your pulse, can move the camera slightly as the shutter is being depressed and the result is a blurred image.

And for any living, breathing, moving, swaying, flapping, flying person/animal/thing, 1/40th of a second is too slow a shutter speed to ensure there is no subject-movement caused blur. I'm comfortable shooting posed people shots at 1/100th, but I prefer 1/160th. Add in the 'loose' 1/<focal length> shutter speed 'rule/suggestion' to stop camera-motion blur (eg, 1/200th for a 200mm lens), and you'll get mostly non-blurred people shots. In low light situations, I've shot relatively motionless speakers at a podium and/or choirs as slow as 1/10th. But at that speed, the non-blur rate alone is about 1 in 25...on a GOOD day! At 1/40th, perhaps 1 in 15 aren't blurred. Even general scenery pictures with flags flying and/or leaves swaying will need a shutter speed faster than 1/100th or faster to 'freeze' them. Race cars...1/1000th and faster!

In short, I'm thinking you need to 'start at start' and learn the basics of photography...the exposure triangle....Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO speed. It's a constant trade-off of 'to get this, I have to change that', etc. The Beginners section of this forum as some very good information for beginners in the first 4 threads that are locked at the top of the list. Photography Beginners' Forum | Photography Forum Alternatively, or additionally, the following website has a wealth of information to learn from: Cambridge in Colour - Photography Tutorials & Learning Community

And, above all, don't spend hours and hours reading and learning without going out and shooting. Photography is a 'progressive learning' process, where learning the basics, taking pictures applying what you've learned, then learn the 'next step' of the process, shoot some more, etc. I've been taking pictures for over 50 years and I'm often surprised at what photographers can create when they know how to do it. Now that I'm retired, I have more time to go try some of the new techniques and tricks myself.

Even without seeing the pictures, I'll take a wild guess that your shutter speed is too slow as the first one is 1/40th and the second 1/10th.

At 1/10th, unless the camera is on a tripod (or otherwise 'fixed'), there will be camera-motion caused blur, unless you are young and have very steady hands. Everyone likes to think they're steady, but try watching almost anyones' videos shot with a cellphone or handheld camera and you'll quickly see that 'steady' is not part of the video-making process for those videos. Even the slightest of motion, maybe even your pulse, can move the camera slightly as the shutter is being depressed and the result is a blurred image.

And for any living, breathing, moving, swaying, flapping, flying person/animal/thing, 1/40th of a second is too slow a shutter speed to ensure there is no subject-movement caused blur. I'm comfortable shooting posed people shots at 1/100th, but I prefer 1/160th. Add in the 'loose' 1/<focal length> shutter speed 'rule/suggestion' to stop camera-motion blur (eg, 1/200th for a 200mm lens), and you'll get mostly non-blurred people shots. In low light situations, I've shot relatively motionless speakers at a podium and/or choirs as slow as 1/10th. But at that speed, the non-blur rate alone is about 1 in 25...on a GOOD day! At 1/40th, perhaps 1 in 15 aren't blurred. Even general scenery pictures with flags flying and/or leaves swaying will need a shutter speed faster than 1/100th or faster to 'freeze' them. Race cars...1/1000th and faster!

In short, I'm thinking you need to 'start at start' and learn the basics of photography...the exposure triangle....Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO speed. It's a constant trade-off of 'to get this, I have to change that', etc. The Beginners section of this forum as some very good information for beginners in the first 4 threads that are locked at the top of the list. Photography Beginners' Forum | Photography Forum Alternatively, or additionally, the following website has a wealth of information to learn from: Cambridge in Colour - Photography Tutorials & Learning Community

And, above all, don't spend hours and hours reading and learning without going out and shooting. Photography is a 'progressive learning' process, where learning the basics, taking pictures applying what you've learned, then learn the 'next step' of the process, shoot some more, etc. I've been taking pictures for over 50 years and I'm often surprised at what photographers can create when they know how to do it. Now that I'm retired, I have more time to go try some of the new techniques and tricks myself.
Bam.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back