A canoe, a guy with a cowboy hat and a sunset…

35mm4me

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.onelightimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What a great night! :)
Saguaro Lake, Arizona

$Saguaro lake sunset (1 of 1)2.jpg

Excellent composition! Really great scenic elements too. One of the better sunset pictures I've ever seen.

Have to give you a thumbs up on composition as well - also really like the colors. It's very dynamic but doesn't look like someone grabbed the "saturation" slider in photoshop and cranked it up to maximum.. lol Great shot.

Very nice. For me it conveys a feeling of peaceful tranquility. The composition is also very good in this one.

WesternGuy

Last edited:
That's fantastic. I'm curious, do you have any room in the shadows? I wonder if you brought them up just a hair if it would give some nice detail to the rock formation and the cacti in the background.

That's fantastic. I'm curious, do you have any room in the shadows? I wonder if you brought them up just a hair if it would give some nice detail to the rock formation and the cacti in the background.

Majeed thanks .That’s excellent advice. I need some editing help, LR-4....when I tried to bring up the shadows I lost some of the rich color of the reflections. , How can I get that back. This was shot in RAW. Thanks Gerry

Majeed thanks .That’s excellent advice. I need some editing help, LR-4....when I tried to bring up the shadows I lost some of the rich color of the reflections. , How can I get that back. This was shot in RAW. Thanks Gerry

Probably because Lightroom sees most of this image as a shadow. Because the image is mostly in a shadow.

I'd approach it by putting the current version on a layer. Then bring up the shadows a bit and put that on a layer. Mask in some subtle shadow detail, selectively.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back