I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
high noon sun + wind = not fun to shoot in.
this was just a casual shot I did with the Oly E-PL5 and 14-42.
comments welcome.

$grassy (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
it looks low mp but the colors and tones are nice and rich.

it looks low mp but the colors and tones are nice and rich.

yea...i downsized the crap out of it for uploading. for some reason every time i try to link a flickr url it says "invalid file"

I've never shot with one of them, and don't know much about them. Almost seems like the same hoopla that sorrounds the em1. They are down talked by a lot of critics and compared unfavorably to other cameras, but actual users seem to love them.

Is she blinking? I think you should get a pic of her with her eyes open. Just my opinion.

Is she blinking? I think you should get a pic of her with her eyes open. Just my opinion.

no. its a shy, subtle "letting the sun warm my face" look.

If that is the case, tilting her head up into the sun and having her hair hang down would work much better :)

And the bench and post are irrelevant...

Cheers, Don

I keep coming back and looking at the colors. is that without post processing or have they been enriched? For some reason (not sure why) I like the colors. They look natural.

the light is too harsh and the pose is weird

you already mention the light. try to pose your subject looking in the direction of the sun or backlit in this light conditions. That way you'll get nice even light without that strong shadows.

about the pose. Try to level her shoulders with the legs. That way they would be closer to the lens and legs wouldn't be that large in the frame.

Why don't make this photo from lower point or ever her eyes level? The girl and backgorund also would correspond better in that case I guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back