A chilling hummingbird

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While I'm not a wildlife shooter by any means I happened to notice this hummingbird sitting sitting on my railing just outside the window and so I decided to take a couple shots knowing that they won't be very good as I'm shooting through the window and a screen but my best hope was to use my longest lens, wide open and close as I could. I had to do a little bit of editing to help hide the screen while its not perfect I still like how it came out under the circumstances.

Ths hummingbird stayed there for half an hour just hanging out. I never seen one just stick around like that before. It's also my very first shot of a hummingbird haha.

Nikon Z6II + MC 105mm 2.8 VR S

Erwin-230524-83312.jpg

Female Ruby throat. She's probably wondering where the feeder is. ;)

They will definitely hang out and be chill, usually after visiting the flowers or feeder. Some act like little sentinels, guarding a food source and swooping in to run off intruders. They can be very territorial! I love watching them.

You did a good job for a shot through the window. It's a good skill to have, as some birds are difficult to get close to.

Female Ruby throat. She's probably wondering where the feeder is. ;)

They will definitely hang out and be chill, usually after visiting the flowers or feeder. Some act like little sentinels, guarding a food source and swooping in to run off intruders. They can be very territorial! I love watching them.

You did a good job for a shot through the window. It's a good skill to have, as some birds are difficult to get close to.

Haha the feeder is there! I had it out a little early this year. Took an extra week for them to show up in my area but at least it was ready for them. It was actually only in the mid 40s when I took this, kinda chilly for them. Spring in Vermont....ugh. Thanks Terri!

She stayed long enough for me to place around with other lenses 🤣

Erwin-230524-83310.jpg

Wow, that hummingbird looks incredible! The photo turned out amazing given the difficult shooting conditions you were in. It's awesome that it stayed for so long and perfect that it was your first hummingbird photo - taking the time to get the perfect shot is definitely worth it.

Wow, that hummingbird looks incredible! The photo turned out amazing given the difficult shooting conditions you were in. It's awesome that it stayed for so long and perfect that it was your first hummingbird photo - taking the time to get the perfect shot is definitely worth it.
Howdy and welcome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back