What's new

A colourful stroll

tb2

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 16, 2006
Messages
971
Reaction score
2
...through the oilseed rape! My better half and I enjoyed a short walk through the fields near Ropsley, Lincolnshire, particularly where the path went through this field. The colours made it feel like walking through a Disney cartoon!

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/05/tiptoe-through.html

Ropsley-oilseed.jpg
 
I'm assuming that the crooked horizon is due to it being a hill? I love the leading line and your wife (?) walking away from the camera.
 
The colours made it feel like walking through a Disney cartoon!

I'm sure it did! :D
And the fragrance in the air must have been intense, as must have been the constant hum of the bees!
 
Thanks BoblyBill, Corinna & Antarctican. Yes, the land sloped Bill, and it seemed to add a note that improved the shot. Yes again, it's my wife in her role as reluctant photographer's model :wink:. The only significant work on this shot Corinna was getting rid of all the dozens of blurred insects in the sky. What I liked about this one Antarctican was the absence of trees and telephone poles and wires. They are out of shot to the left!

Regards, Tony
 
I would have liked it better if your wife was on the other side, walking into the photo. You can still try that, cropping it to a vertical.
 
Hi there :)

I like this shot, but for me, not having the person there at all would work best. It leaves the element of mistery intact I feel. Some may dissagree of course, just my take :)
 
I like the colors and the path. I think it would help if the horizon was straight
 
It's beautiful the contrast yellow of the flowers and blue of the sky.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom