A Comparison

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These two shots are the same with the exception that 'A' is best exposure, and 'B' has been processed with 6 exposures as HDR. Both have been post processed minimally with approximately the same steps.

A.
400-0663.jpg

B.
400-3cr.jpg

???

Your examples speak VERY much in favour of HDR and testing out the technique (for me it would be testing it out, I have NEVER done it before and am not sure HOW to do it with my 6.0 version of PS, either !?!?!? :scratch: ). The colours are a lot deeper in B, indeed!

I seriously think the first one would be better if you brought up the contrast and saturation and adjusted the WB.

IMO, the 2nd one is ugly.

LaFoto said:
Your examples speak VERY much in favour of HDR and testing out the technique (for me it would be testing it out, I have NEVER done it before and am not sure HOW to do it with my 6.0 version of PS, either !?!?!? :scratch: ). The colours are a lot deeper in B, indeed!

I'm probably bias toward HDR. However, I look at some of the shots taken at correct exposures and... well, I wonder.

I don't see an HDR automation in 6.0 like in CS2. The only way I can think of in 6.0 would to maybe shoot 3-5 exposures, bring them into one photo as layers and adjust- and work with transparency levels. I'm trying a little experiment with this right now. I'll post it when I figure out what it is I just did.:p

Sw1tchFX said:
I seriously think the first one would be better if you brought up the contrast and saturation and adjusted the WB.

IMO, the 2nd one is ugly.

Mental note: Start shooting RAW.

I can't figure out how to adjust the WB in CS2. But the saturation and contrast helped quite a bit.

A-2.
400-0663-2.jpg

I started losing the sky, but I'm just doing quickie edits-

To be fair to my Ugly Baby, I've tried the same adjustments as in A-2.
B-2.
400-3cr-2.jpg

Seems to work for both. I still prefer the HDR, although it's probably something I'm either doing or not doing to the single exposure (subconciously?).

Good idea. I really need to try RAW though. Maybe would eliminate the need for HDR or make them better.

I think the first one just needs some saturation and contrast. I found the others over processed.

Tantalus said:
I think the first one just needs some saturation and contrast. I found the others over processed.

That seems to be the consensus of the finger-pointing on this side of my monitor too.

Thanks, the input is appreciated!

I can't figure out how to adjust the WB in CS2.
You can only do it from Raw files... when you open a raw file in Bridge, there is a white balance pull down towards the top of the right hand control pane. Also sliders for brightness, contrast etc etc....

Hope that helps.

Prefer the HDR one BTW.... :D

Most reactions

Back