A couple collages from this morning's Senior Shoot :)

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$collage 2.jpg

$collage 3.jpg

$collage copy.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks she needs an agent?

Hmmm... the images are good enough from a technical aspect ('though I'm not really sure I get the monochrome/colour versions side-by-side idea), but I don't see anything that tells me who she is.

Thanks, John.

That's a really good point - there are some other shots that have a bit more personality and props but I can definitely improve in that area. I have a second rep I'm working with tonight; she is in band, so I'm having her bring her instrument.

Bear in mind that senior images aren't a big deal in most of Canada, so I'm not speaking from expertise or experience.

Bear in mind that senior images aren't a big deal in most of Canada, so I'm not speaking from expertise or experience.

Regardless, that's something I should be thinking about - who the Senior is right now, what they like, what they're about. I appreciate that feed back A LOT!

Hmmm... the images are good enough from a technical aspect ('though I'm not really sure I get the monochrome/colour versions side-by-side idea), but I don't see anything that tells me who she is.
Well, The shoes do tell some of her personality........
I would like to see some closer shots (I suspect there are some ,just not posted here ) I also think She will like the Monotone + color side by side . They (High school Seniors) seem to really like anything that sets them apart from their piers . I try to shoot a set for the student ,a set for mom and dad ,a set for the grand parents ,and a set for the boy/girl friend ....BUT not over the top sexy or the parents WILL be offended !
Recently I shot a "RAP" band in HDR . After making the three shots( +/- 2 stops ) I placed the properly exposed frame as a layer over the HDR ,and masked all but the faces of the Band . All that to say ,I have several Senior shoots booked for Aug. After I return from vacation next week <And I am going the add one or two shots in this same manner.............Just trying to send some ideas your way ,The kids seem to like it.

Well, The shoes do tell some of her personality........
I would like to see some closer shots (I suspect there are some ,just not posted here ) I also think She will like the Monotone + color side by side . They (High school Seniors) seem to really like anything that sets them apart from their piers . I try to shoot a set for the student ,a set for mom and dad ,a set for the grand parents ,and a set for the boy/girl friend ....BUT not over the top sexy or the parents WILL be offended !
Recently I shot a "RAP" band in HDR . After making the three shots( +/- 2 stops ) I placed the properly exposed frame as a layer over the HDR ,and masked all but the faces of the Band . All that to say ,I have several Senior shoots booked for Aug. After I return from vacation next week <And I am going the add one or two shots in this same manner.............Just trying to send some ideas your way ,The kids seem to like it.

Sounds interesting! Do you have those posted anywhere? I'd love to see!

re shoot with name tags.

$166708_586810707996558_1260249505_n.jpg Keep in mind this IS a work in progress ,But the band liked it ,and not all the photos were done this way only Two .

I think you are missing focus in several of these. They seem soft. Maybe post a couple of them individually.

She looks like a Delia's model. I commented on flickr but I'll say again.. awesome shoes!!

The 1st set is my fav; also loving the shoes. I agree with the comment that says they are a bit soft. I'm not sure if your focus is off or if you processed them that way. The last two sets seem a little overexposed to me, but I'm a bit of a newbie, and nobody else mentioned it.... so take my opinion with a grain of salt lol

I also see the softness - probably a combination of in camera and post. The Gaussian blur in the b&w doesn't help. Will have to fix today.

The backgrounds are pretty blown, but you can still see some detail in her shirt. This is a time when blowing out the bg, in my opinion, is acceptable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back