A couple from last night in the SandDunes

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spend the better part of the evening in the Bruneau Dunes State Park .. First time there, and it certainly won't be my last ... What a place !!! I know a lot of you aren't fond of HDR, but these just screamed of the treatment.. What do you think?

Thanks,

3514551844_1cdfeb5152_b.jpg

3514555888_53e794309c_b.jpg

3513712709_ea86de3a4b_b.jpg

The colour temperature of the last one seems waaaay too cold. It looks close to the colour of moonlight but because you can pick out clouds in the sky it just doesn't make sense.

Now the colour temp matches in the first one because that actually looks like a moon. But i still think its a bit too cool.

i think also the first and last need a bit of a contrast boost, they seem a bit flat.

Compositionally i think the second is the best and its properly exposed.

Hope that helps a bit.

Appreciate the input.. I saw the 'flatness' in the last one also but was afraid to lose the entire right side by more contrast.... I see what you mean about the Temp... Just started working with Photomatix and love what it can do .. just need to get better at it!!

I only use photomatix as an HDR editor/creator not as my primary processor. Lightroom is magic and i highly recommend it.

Also, one thing i forgot to say is that none of these have the typical look of an HDR, which can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

I don't think you'll loose the entire right side if you boost the contrast at all. Send me the original if you want and i'll show you what i mean.

I love the first two for their composition and colors. The last one needs some color treatment, but other than that it is pretty amazing. I tried a fix edit:

dunes.jpg

This is exactly why I love this place..... No place else can you learn from other talented photographers.. Sure makes a difference when you see it side by side.. THANKS !! - I'll try my treatment tonight and see what I can do...

Spend the better part of the evening in the Bruneau Dunes State Park .. First time there, and it certainly won't be my last ... What a place !!! I know a lot of you aren't fond of HDR, but these just screamed of the treatment.. What do you think?

Thanks,

where are you located? im at MHAFB? you have to be close!!!

where are you located? im at MHAFB? you have to be close!!!

Live in Twin.... Thursday was a bad day at work, so I took Friday off and drove to the Dunes for the first time.... Quite the place!! Where do you take pics while you're at MHAFB? After I left Bruneau, I drove over to Anderson Ranch Dam and shot some morning pics... MH is a pretty desolate place, for the most part, huh?

Live in Twin.... Thursday was a bad day at work, so I took Friday off and drove to the Dunes for the first time.... Quite the place!! Where do you take pics while you're at MHAFB? After I left Bruneau, I drove over to Anderson Ranch Dam and shot some morning pics... MH is a pretty desolate place, for the most part, huh?

i normally dont take pics here... if i do. its on our flight line, with the aircraft and rest of our squadron... this area is just empty, but there is some great photo ops.. anderson dam and that area have some neat formations... however, everytime i go up there i never have the camera... lame

Most reactions

Back