joemc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments and suggestions welcome.

Cheers, joe

Last edited:
What program are you using to merge the files? Also, are you bracketing 3, 5, or 9 shots? Trying to get the technique down. I've been playing around with Photoshop and Bridge, but they suck!!!

Your work looks great.

Thanks for the comment...These are both 5 exposures a 1/3 stops apart.
They were merged and tonmapped in Photomatix and then dragged into CS3 to clean them up.

Cheers, joe

Simply beautiful work Joe!

@GFruge, Photoshop is a PITA when it comes to HDR, but it's still possible. If you haven't already tried it this way I'd suggest you do.

Launch Photoshop and select “Merge to HDR” from the “Automate” menu on the “File” menu. This will open a new dialog, from here you have to click on the “Browse” button to navigate and open your images. If your images need aligning, check the “Attempt to Automatically Align Source Images” checkbox. Then the “OK” button. This will produce the HDR Dialog, click “OK” and now you have your HDR.

To tone map this HDR, you’ll need to reduce the depth of the image. You can do so by selecting either “16 Bits/Channel” or “8 Bits/Channel” from the “Mode” submenu of the “Image” menu. When the dialog opens, you can choose your method by selecting it from the Method Pop-Up menu. The Local Adaptation method is the method I’d use, click on the Triangle button to reveal the curve, you can use this to adjust the contrast of the image. Again there is no magic numbers here folks and different images require different settings.

no estan nada mal... aqui en españa los hacen mas irreales :thumbup:

i like it, its natural enough to bring out the colors without killing the relaxing mood of the pictures.

and @ above, unless you are very familiar with photoshop curves, don't bother using photoshop to merge your images. but what was said above is the correct process. photomatrix is a bit expensive considering all it does is HDR but there are always alternate means of getting it and it gives you lots of extra, more useful options

Most reactions

Back