What's new

A Couple I'm Unsure About

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are a couple recent shots that I think are close to the mark but ...
In the interest of learning from them I'm posting them ;)

This first one I love the concept, I like how the subject is teeny tiny but still very strong, I don't like the top but a closer crop really flattens it even more than it already is, maybe too much negative space? Other thoughts?...Maybe more mid range greys are needed?




This one seems to be lacking "pop", I'm guessing it might be mostly due to my needing to improve my post work (In progress). It was in shade, you can see where the sun was hitting the far shoreline. I know that foreground blur is often looked upon as bad but I'm on the fence about the post in this one, I think it gives the image some depth but at the same time I'm not really confident in it.

 
The couple I'm unsure about is Brad and Angelina...I mean, man..all those kids? And with Brad being such a big actor and all??? I dunno...

As to these photos...I can see some technical 'issues' WRT to rather low contrast in both shots. These could benefit from some software finessing, yes. These are tricky types of images. Not sure what software you have, but I am pretty sure that with the right techniques, both of these could be made to sing. I think some Nik Software products could help you out here. Your eye is developing quite nicely.

As to photos that one is unsure of: I say, give them some TIME. I think that on shots that are not immediately obvious as to their needed rendering, that TIME is the way to find out the best path. Let 'em simmer for a long time, if you know what I mean.
 
In addition to what Derrel said, I think picture number 1 would still be great in a certain time and place. I can think of a time when I could have used that photo....

As for pic number 2, I am still new to editing, so this may be bad and if so I apologize, but here is how I saw the photo.


Edit- $8369424220_f7ff78b70d_c-edit.webp

Original - $8369424220_f7ff78b70d_c.webp
 
I really like #1 (what's all that weird white stuff everywhere?) but I think it could be even stronger if you cropped it so that the top of the far hill just disapeared... gives more of an air of mystery to the image.
 
+1 to what everyone has said. If the first one was a little crisper then it would be great, i personally love how it is composed. Its unique and different which is always much better than a great "normal" shot
 
On #2,

I think that there is not enough background showing... If there were more trees, instead of the chopped off stumps... it would make more sense to me. The reflection is lovely, but I feel we need to see more of what is being reflected... My take! YMMV!
 
$8369706199_cc15c23198_z.webp

I like the dark at the top of the image because you don't know where the road goes to.
 
The couple I'm unsure about is Brad and Angelina...I mean, man..all those kids? And with Brad being such a big actor and all??? I dunno...

As to these photos...I can see some technical 'issues' WRT to rather low contrast in both shots. These could benefit from some software finessing, yes. These are tricky types of images. Not sure what software you have, but I am pretty sure that with the right techniques, both of these could be made to sing. I think some Nik Software products could help you out here. Your eye is developing quite nicely.

As to photos that one is unsure of: I say, give them some TIME. I think that on shots that are not immediately obvious as to their needed rendering, that TIME is the way to find out the best path. Let 'em simmer for a long time, if you know what I mean.
Thanks Derrel, I'm pickin up what you're layin down ;) I really have to tackle learning post I think it is starting to hold me back a bit. For the second one it was crystal clear and clean pure colours in person and I know that it is in the shot and that is a wee bit frustrating, Parker got it closer with the jpeg than I did with the raw lol
crazy-msn-emotions-head.gif

In addition to what Derrel said, I think picture number 1 would still be great in a certain time and place. I can think of a time when I could have used that photo....

As for pic number 2, I am still new to editing, so this may be bad and if so I apologize, but here is how I saw the photo.


Edit- View attachment 32265

Original - View attachment 32266
Thanks Parker, it is an improvement for sure, I'm going to give this one another go.
I really like #1 (what's all that weird white stuff everywhere?) but I think it could be even stronger if you cropped it so that the top of the far hill just disapeared... gives more of an air of mystery to the image.
Thanks John, that white stuff is all gone, but it will be back next week :lol:

+1 to what everyone has said. If the first one was a little crisper then it would be great, i personally love how it is composed. Its unique and different which is always much better than a great "normal" shot
Thanks Swashburn :)
On #2,

I think that there is not enough background showing... If there were more trees, instead of the chopped off stumps... it would make more sense to me. The reflection is lovely, but I feel we need to see more of what is being reflected... My take! YMMV!
Thanks Charlie, I toiled over the crop I think when I had more trees I also had too much sky but I will revisit the crop for sure.

View attachment 32296

I like the dark at the top of the image because you don't know where the road goes to.
Thanks for the edit Mully! I didn't think of getting rid of the sky that way instead of cropping, great option and it doesn't crowd and flatten it as much as the crop was.
 
I like Charlie's vision. This is very pretty, but you forgot to throw the camera in the air while taking a 4 second exposure.
 
Thanks Rick, me too, I'm going to tinker with it some and see.
As for tossing the camera... I do have an old P&S.... ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom