A couple new shots

MWG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some portraits I did for my friend who is an aspiring hip hop artist.( a few) Would appreciate some honest CC. Its all brand new to me, been taking pictures for maybe 3-4 months but i can already feel it. I'm shooting with an older canon t1i, using the stock lens and I also purchased a Tamron 24-75 f/2.8 and THE canon 50 1.8 lol. Have filters, and im waiting on a speedlight right now.

230-1.jpg

115.jpg

I knew i overexposed this one, did it on purpose to an extent.

044.jpg

080.jpg

I made this using the glowing edges filter in PS
20110227_175.jpg

baysicks.jpg

071.jpg

023.jpg

Last edited:
yo,

your photos are pretty hot. make sure you don't post too many for c and c, a lot of people will just look and carry on. Also go back to your original post and number each photo, it will help us c and c on each photo easier. (consider deleting a few or start a second post). as for c and c from me the first, second and last photos stand out the most from an artistic standpoint. the third photo is just kinda whatever. you are on par with the other hip hop photogs i have seen on the site. keep shooting !

yo,

your photos are pretty hot. make sure you don't post too many for c and c, a lot of people will just look and carry on. Also go back to your original post and number each photo, it will help us c and c on each photo easier. (consider deleting a few or start a second post). as for c and c from me the first, second and last photos stand out the most from an artistic standpoint. the third photo is just kinda whatever. you are on par with the other hip hop photogs i have seen on the site. keep shooting !

Thanks these are just some more personal portraits I have done of them. I have some more along the lines of graphic design work but I would never consider myself that. I'm brand new to photography and my pictures most likely will show it to those that know whats going on. I have an image in my head of the work I want to be doing, but gear is expensive so I will just keep working on my compositional skills until i can afford it.

There are quite a few photos with blown out sky and not very flattering light on the subject. If you wish to continue in this type of photography, I would HIGHLY recommend you get a flash.

Dont use that glowing edges filter unless you have a REAL need to use it, and I cannot think of any reason to ever use it.

There are quite a few photos with blown out sky and not very flattering light on the subject. If you wish to continue in this type of photography, I would HIGHLY recommend you get a flash.

Dont use that glowing edges filter unless you have a REAL need to use it, and I cannot think of any reason to ever use it.

Speedlight is already in the mail.:thumbup:

Be sure to post up your new shots once you get it. There are some cool ideas you have here, but like i said the lighting (or lack of) really hinders the effectiveness of the shots.

It might not hurt to try to get them showing some kind of emotion as well. I know it is not something that fellows in the hip hop community are used to doing, but it can really help bring energy to photographs.

Thanks. The guy in the 1st pics is from bay area, so he has hella energy doggie.lol

I have some pictures of him dancing on his toes like they do from the bay area, i can post em up later. His dreads fly everywhere.

Thanks. The guy in the 1st pics is from bay area, so he has hella energy doggie.lol

I have some pictures of him dancing on his toes like they do from the bay area, i can post em up later. His dreads fly everywhere.
Dancing on his toes like they do in the bay area... LOL! Had to laugh at that one considering I live in Oakland.

Get em goin stupid doo doo dumb and it could quite interesting.

That was filmed in San Leandro, just south of Oakland. The epitome of the hyphy movement LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Still looking for some honest critics. I understand that I need a flash, issue has been addressed. I feel these photo's are dull, but I always feel that way about my work. I can't point them out though, need someone else's guidance i guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back