A couple of a friends maternity pictures

bremner53

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend of mine asked me to do her maternity pics, here is a couple for C&C. I realized after these photos that I need to invest in a polarizing filter, because the color of the the lake was the most beautiful green but its kinda hard to really see the color for the reflection. Please C&C!!

IMG_0596.jpg

I wanted this one in black and white, but the whites weren't white enough, and when I made the whites where I wanted them the sky was blown out. I need to figure out how to properly do black and white. ugh. C&C please

IMG_0635.jpg

They look a tad dark? It could just be my screen and eyes, but look at the detail in his shirt, there is none, it is totally flat.

The first two I also would not even know she was preggo! haha. But you have nice backgrounds and I don't know if you shot raw or not, but I'd brighten the couple up to start.

and I'm the queen of contrast, I love it. But maybe you have a tad too much?
Did you do an S-Curve pop?

Watch your horizons cutting through subjects heads. When looking at #1 that is all I can see.

The tilt in #2 is very distracting. Maybe take a vertical crop on it and see if you can weed some of it out

Also, dropping your DOF will really make your subjects stand out a lot more. I would have shot these at no smaller than f/5.6. You have a lot of shutter speed beyond 1/200 to compensate for correct exposure.

For shooting on overcast days such as this, invest in a few speedlights and softboxes for nice even fill.

p!nK

All i can see on the 2nd one is the wonky horizon. As i've said on other maternity shots they look cheesey, but maybe thats because i'm British and Maternity shots are a whole new thing to me. That lake looks beautiful btw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back