A couple of Aurora images from Tampere

Seventen

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$13426712475_2bd024f45c_c.jpg$13426710445_bbcf2926a9_c.jpg

Here was a couple of images taken last night from Tampere Finland, I had been closely following the progress of a minor C class flare that lasted for a few hours then followed by a CME, Being such a low class flare would not have got me excited normally but due to the length of the flare it meant it should give us a nice night of Aurora. The most shocking part was it was actually clear it has been a bad season for astronomy so was pleased to have captured these.

If anyone has advice what I could have done better would be most welcomed. Thank you

View attachment 69500View attachment 69501

Here was a couple of images taken last night from Tampere Finland, I had been closely following the progress of a minor C class flare that lasted for a few hours then followed by a CME, Being such a low class flare would not have got me excited normally but due to the length of the flare it meant it should give us a nice night of Aurora. The most shocking part was it was actually clear it has been a bad season for astronomy so was pleased to have captured these.

If anyone has advice what I could have done better would be most welcomed. Thank you

Gorgeous :D

There are people who like a super-bright aurora pic, but I prefer the first to the second. In the second the brightest parts of the aurora are too blown out for my taste...if the actual original image is blown out maybe a shorter exposure; if not, maybe playing around with the levels in post-processing to get some detail back in there.

Stars look fabulous!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back