Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C is welcome.

DSC_7160.jpg

DSC_7162.jpg

Nice and a nice weapon, too. I really like that second one. There is a Youtube video of me firing off a few mags of an AK-74. Ah, good times.

Was today a good day? Did you have to use your AK-47?

My friend bought an AK-47 a couple weeks ago. It's super fun to shoot, but it may be one of the loudest guns I've ever shot. I do mean 47, not 74.

I was referring to Ice Cube song LOL

My friend bought an AK-47 a couple weeks ago. It's super fun to shoot, but it may be one of the loudest guns I've ever shot. I do mean 47, not 74.

I didnt think I needed to use ear plugs on it but they made me. Try the S&W 500 magnum for your hearing. Say g'bye to the eardrums for a few hours, lol.

I didnt think I needed to use ear plugs on it but they made me. Try the S&W 500 magnum for your hearing. Say g'bye to the eardrums for a few hours, lol.
Technically speaking, you should use ear plugs while using any firearm. I believe a quality air rifle (pellet rifle) can even cause hearing damage given the correct circumstances.

Nice looking weapon. I'm not a fan of the lighting though. It's not terrible, but there are lots of shadows on your background which detract from the image I think. Also, the backgrounds could use some more light on them, or mask and bring up the white in post.. they look a little gray.

#1 looks good except for the shadows and the off-white backdrop imo. I wonder what it would have looked like if you lit it from camera left as well.

I'm not feeling #2. The depth of field trails off and leaves the rear of the rifle blurry. There's also a weird warm color cast back there. Did you use different types of lights? It helps a lot if all the lights are the same color temp, less to fix in post anyway.

EDIT:
This is what I was thinking should be the goal. Maybe it's not the look you were going for, but then why use a white background?
Not going to go into great detail about the edit because I used a Photoshop plugin called Viveza, but I did create a layer to work on, brightened it up and then erased the gun from that duplicate layer.

kKXcd.jpg

Last edited:

Technically speaking, you should use ear plugs while using any firearm. I believe a quality air rifle (pellet rifle) can even cause hearing damage given the correct circumstances.

I was on my high school's rifle team. We only shot .22 LR, but try shooting that for just 10 minutes without ear protection. Not fun, and .22's aren't that loud, relatively speaking.

I was on my high school's rifle team. We only shot .22 LR, but try shooting that for just 10 minutes without ear protection. Not fun, and .22's aren't that loud, relatively speaking.
You might have misunderstood what I said. I said you should use ear plugs while using any firearm.

haha being in the army i get to shoot all kinds of fun stuff .50 cal M2 browing machine gun is my fave.. next time i get a chance ill have to take some pics while on the range

Most reactions

Back