A couple questions with my new camera

SilentShutter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently bought the Canon EOS Digital Rebel. It has the original 18-55mm Canon lens on it. I also have a Sigma 55-200mm f/4-5.6 lens coming in the mail soon.

I mainly take pictures of outdoor scenery/landscapes and at some automotive events. Should these lenses be fine?

Also, I do love to take macro pictures, so I'm looking for a decent (not crazy expensive, possibly used) macro type lens. Any suggestions?

Canon makes several different EOS Digital Rebel cameras:
  • 1000D/XS/Kiss F
  • 300D/Digital Rebel/Kiss Digital
  • 400D/XTi/Kiss Digital X
  • 450D/XSi/Kiss X2
  • 500D/T1i/Kiss X3
  • 550D/T2i/Kiss X4
  • blah, blah, blah.
The 18-55 will do both the scenery/landscapes, and the auto events if you mean outdoor car shows where you will be close to the cars.
For inexpensive macro lenses look to the 3rd party makers like Sigma and Tamron.

Yeah sorry, it is the 300D. And as far as auto events, some are car shows and some are racing events such as autocrossing.

My Samsung Pro815 has a 28-420mm fixed lens, which I do have to admit, was extremely nice to have all in one. This whole interchangable lens thing is new to me.

Anything I should look for as far as quality goes when choosing a lens. (Zoom, focusing, apature,....?)

Most reactions

Back