a couple very different shots from this evening

chammer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
c&c is welcome as always. :)

Looking Up:

Aperture: f/16 (had it preset from something else and didnt re-set it. oops! :p)
Shutter Speed: 1/200
Focal Length: 17mm
ISO: 800

Up In Smoke:

Aperture: f/2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/1000
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 800

The cigarette pic is pretty cool. Curious though, why were you at ISO 800 with a shutter speed of 1/1000 on a static object?

Don't you just love that 50D? :D

The cigarette isn't really doing anything for me... But I'm really loving the first one!

Funny, I am having a hard time liking the first one. I think there is just too much sky, not enough interest on the left to hold me.

I like the cig much more. I spend more time wondering about it, I keep scanning to try to learn more.

Maybe that's it. The first one is pretty straight forward, and once I see it, I'm done. Nothing more to look at?

The cigarette pic is pretty cool. Curious though, why were you at ISO 800 with a shutter speed of 1/1000 on a static object?

Don't you just love that 50D? :D

thanks guys!

the first one i was actually thinking "wallpaper". something extremely simplistic that i could maybe use as my wallpaper. :)

tharmsen: just me being lazy, and knowing that the 50D can shoot iso 800 without any issue. i was shooting a lot of stuff and playing with a few things and by the time i wound up thinking to take that shot i was on 800 and forgot to recheck the settings. seems to be my story today lol. :p

oh...also i was shooting these in aperture priority...so the camera was choosing the shutter speed. its neat watching it choose 1/8000 on some pics too. :D

im loving it, and this tamron is super sexy. its razor sharp and the focus distance is so close its really opened up a whole new world! cant say enough good things about either!

Yeah, for me the lines, color and lighting make the second one. I like simplistic shots like that.

Most reactions

Back